I-751 Evidence

Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:18 pm
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough
Default I-751 Evidence

Hi all

It is nearly time for us to submit our I-751 so we have started to gather all the relevant evidence.

I do have one concern which I would like to run by you guys. Basically since I moved to the States I haven't really earned much money. I have been working part time and in the last two years have probably made no more than $15000. At first it was a struggle to find a good job but I have also been pursing my ambition of producing music as well as looking after my Nephew (taking him to school and sports games etc while his parents are at work. It's just become the normal routine that we have gotten into. My wife has a very good job which pays more than enough to support us both and works from home a lot and she is very supportive of my music and is very insistent that she is happy with the way things are.

I guess I am worried that the difference in income might raise flags. I know it is far more common these days to have "stay at home husbands" but I'm not sure how USCIS will see it. Are my concerns valid?

In regards to evidence we have the following;

Both our names on the lease agreement for our apartment
Myself as the beneficiary on her 401k
Myself as the beneficiary on her life insurance
Joint medical insurance through her employer
Both our names on our auto loan for my car
Joint cell phone plan
Both our names on the registration for my car
Annual Disney passes
Jointly filed tax returns
Itinerary for vacations we have taken
Photos, emails and texts etc

We also have a joint checking account however we do need use this often. My wife pays the bills and I get by with the money I earn. The issue is that we dont have any evidence of co-mingling of finances because I do not make very much money. I am sure that it is a common occurrence for there to be one sole earner so perhaps I should not worry.

In your experience do you think the above evidence is comprehensive enough?

Many thanks for any help in advance!

Gareth
Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Evidence

Your evidence looks like more than enough to me. Just make sure you include some evidence dating back to when you became a PR, covering the whole time, not just the most recent couple of months or so.

Your income level will not be an issue at all.

Don't forget to include each years' tax return.

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2016, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethB789
My wife has a very good job which pays more than enough to support us both...
... and that's all that matters!

I am worried that the difference in income might raise flags.
My wife made significantly more than I did those first few years... it's not an issue. It never has been an issue.

The issue is that we dont have any evidence of co-mingling of finances because I do not make very much money.
You seem to have plenty evidence of commingling... so I'm not sure why you say you don't!

Ian
Old Feb 12th 2016, 10:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

A stay at home parent who doesn't work doesn't make any income. It has never been an issue with removal of conditions.

Hubby and I didn't have a car loan or any loan with both our names on it. Our car registrations were in only our individual names, my name on my car and his name on his car, we didn't vacation together and I earned three times his salary. He is now a USC.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Last edited by Rete; Feb 12th 2016 at 10:14 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just make sure you include some evidence dating back to when you became a PR...
As I've pointed out 3 times this is bad information. OP needs to include evidence covering the entire period since marriage as specified in the I-751 instructions.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerni
As I've pointed out 3 times this is bad information.
Umm... Rene said nothing about only providing evidence since he was a PR - that is your consistent poor interpretation of her posts. Her comments don't preclude the OP from using information since the date of marriage.

Ian
Old Feb 15th 2016, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

Umm yes actually - it would have been more useful and clear to have just written "...dating back to when you got married".
Old Feb 15th 2016, 3:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Umm yes actually - it would have been more useful and clear to have just written "...dating back to when you got married".
I just read the I-751 instructions, and it does say "Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date...", so yes, you are correct.

It might have been kinder to just say something like "in addition to what Rene wrote, please make sure to read the I-751 instructions which indicate the evidence should date back to the date of marriage, not just the date you became a PR".

Rene
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, you are asking for a mountain here, Noraah. Not many posters, at least newbies, are kind or thoughtful in replying but prefer to be all-knowing and obnoxious.

Your reply was not incorrect as it advice that has been given in this forum since its inception back in 1998 and it has served well for over 25 years.

Rete
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I just read the I-751 instructions, and it does say "Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date...", so yes, you are correct.

It might have been kinder to just say something like "in addition to what Rene wrote, please make sure to read the I-751 instructions which indicate the evidence should date back to the date of marriage, not just the date you became a PR".

Rene
Unfortunately several members here make this an environment that does not foster "kind" posts. Perhaps those suggestions should be directed at the "good ol' boys" who strop around here soliciting advice in the meanest manner possible.

To the OP - I think your evidence lists looks good - I'm currently waiting for my I-751 to be adjudicated, unfortunately I had to file with the Vermont Service Center so will likely be waiting for 8+ months...
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Ahhh, you are asking for a mountain here, Noraah. Not many posters, at least newbies, are kind or thoughtful in replying but prefer to be all-knowing and obnoxious.

Your reply was not incorrect as it advice that has been given in this forum since its inception back in 1998 and it has served well for over 25 years.

Rete
Have we suddenly travelled forward in time to 2023? Most people come here looking for advice on current procedures not those from 18 years ago.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:13 pm

Unfortunately several members here make this an environment that does not foster "kind" posts. Perhaps those suggestions should be directed at the "good ol' boys" who strop around here soliciting advice in the meanest manner possible.
I understand what you're saying, but perpetuating that trend yourself doesn't help the environment, either.

Perhaps if we ALL try to post more kindly, the forum will become a better environment.

Rene
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:14 pm
Concierge

Sorry about the miscalculation of length of time. My mistake. The I-751 has not changed since I completed it in 2000. Experience from 18 years ago, 18 months ago, or 18 days ago in regards to the completion and submission of evidence on this form and many others are still the same as they were back in the inception of this forum in 1997. Your replies and attitude seem to need an adjustment or perhaps you might want to start your on website regarding immigration to the US based on marriage-visas.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry about the miscalculation of length of time. My mistake. The I-751 has not changed since I completed it in 2000.
Yes it has, several times actually. You probably missed http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...-751-a-869794/

Your replies and attitude seem to need an adjustment or perhaps you might want to start your on website regarding immigration to the US based on marriage-visas.
Perhaps you should read the last post by Norah?
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:21 pm
Concierge

I have it. Thank you for pointing it out, however.

BTW the forms are "updated" periodically but the instructions and the form itself does not include major changes, if any changes at all.

Good luck with your I-751. We used the Vermont SC as well and it took over 2 years. You luckily remain a PR regardless of the length of the wait and remember that if you wanted to naturalize, you can do so without the I-751 having been adjudicated. It will be adjudicated at the time of your naturalization interview.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.