Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751: Docs to Include ?

Wikiposts

I-751: Docs to Include ?

Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751: Docs to Include ?

Hi everyone,

It's been a very, very long time since I posted here. But now, somehow, the time has come for us to file the I-751 for the hubby!?! How did the time creep up on us so fast?! Ah well, have a few quick questions.

1) Do we need to include a copy of any of the forms that were filed previous to the I-751? i.e. do we need to include copies of the I-129f, I-485, I-864, etc. Or do I assume that they will look all this stuff up, and will not require add'l copies?

2) We've moved quite a few times in the past 21 months. We have dutifully filed the AR-11 and I-865 for every address. However we have no records of filing the AR-11 since they never send acknowledgement. I can include copies of the NOA for the I-865, but should we be concerned at all that we no copies of having filed the AR-11?

3) Previously all forms we've filed were through the TSC, however we will have to file the I-751 through the NSC. Should we have any concerns over this, as I would bet the SC's don't talk to each other too much?

Thanks!!
Jamie

~~ Happily married for 2 1/2 years ~~ :-D
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751: Docs to Include ?

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
1) Do we need to include a copy of any of the forms that were filed previous to the I-751? i.e. do we need to include copies of the I-129f, I-485, I-864, etc. Or do I assume that they will look all this stuff up, and will not require add'l copies?
No, you don't need to include any copies of past petitions or forms.

2) We've moved quite a few times in the past 21 months. We have dutifully filed the AR-11 and I-865 for every address. However we have no records of filing the AR-11 since they never send acknowledgement. I can include copies of the NOA for the I-865, but should we be concerned at all that we no copies of having filed the AR-11?
No, you don't need to include any copies of change of address forms. Just use your current address on the I-751 and you'll be fine.

3) Previously all forms we've filed were through the TSC, however we will have to file the I-751 through the NSC. Should we have any concerns over this, as I would bet the SC's don't talk to each other too much?
No, this won't be a problem. The I-751 is treated as a new thing, I don't even think they check your old file for anything!

Glad all is well with you, Jamie!
Best Wishes,
Rene