I-751 Divorce Approved VSC

Wikiposts

I-751 Divorce Approved VSC

Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:27 am
Just Joined

sanaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Divorce Approved VSC

Hello Everyone,
I know that some people have problems with the divorce and I-751 filling.
I just got an email notice telling me that my new card has been ordered.
My timeline is as follows. I have to mention that I got married in Oct 2003. I got my conditional permenant residency in Feb 2004. I got divorced in April 2006.
I had to apply for removal of conditions in Feb. 2006 during which I was separated but not divorced yet. Since I was sure that I wanted a divorce, I filled my I-751 alone and checked the divorce option. I filled a lot of supporting documents (deed to our house, checking and saving accounts in both our names, utility bills in both our names, our auto insurance, health insurance, life insurance, photos, our trips abroad together, affidavits from friends, neighbours and family, pictures,.......The documents were about 2 feet thick!!). At the end of July, I got a notice saying I should send them my divorce decree. After I sent them the divorce decree I got another notice telling me that the date on my divorce decree (April 2006) is after the original filing date of my I751 (Feb 2006) and I have to file the I751 and all the supporting documents again. So I did that in August 2006. In spetember I got the biometrics appointment and I got it done. Yesterday I got an email that they have ordered my new card on March 7th 2007.
The important things that you need to remember is that you need to send them lots of supporting documents if you want to get approved without any interview like me. Also you have to make sure that you do send your I751, 90 days prior to your second year anniversary. It does not matter if you are filling alone or not but you have to do it untill your divorce finalizes ..just include a notice explaining the fact that you are separated and waiting for your divorce to finalize.

Let me know of you have any questions.
Good luck to all of you
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Divorce Approved VSC

Congratulations and thank you for the update. We don't usually hear the outcome of people in this situation.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sanaz
Also you have to make sure that you do send your I751, 90 days prior to your second year anniversary.
I'm not sure why you filed originally! You are not supposed to file by yourself until the divorce is final... and the instructions clearly state that you are allowed to delay filing when circumstances are beyond your control. This would include the date a divorce becomes final.

Anyway, it seems to have worked out for you. They could have simply denied your original filing.

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm not sure why you filed originally! You are not supposed to file by yourself until the divorce is final... and the instructions clearly state that you are allowed to delay filing when circumstances are beyond your control. This would include the date a divorce becomes final.

Anyway, it seems to have worked out for you. They could have simply denied your original filing.

Ian
If you do not file by yourself during the 90 days before your 2 year anniversary then you will have failed to follow the rules and you will become out of status and subject to removal. By filing (although your divorce is not final) you are avioding the situation of being out of status and subject to removal.
I asked the USCIS and they themselves told me that I should file in the 90 day period even though my divorce was not final.

Sanaz
Old Mar 10th 2007, 3:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you do not file by yourself during the 90 days before your 2 year anniversary then you will have failed to follow the rules and you will become out of status and subject to removal. By filing (although your divorce is not final) you are avioding the situation of being out of status and subject to removal.
I asked the USCIS and they themselves told me that I should file in the 90 day period even though my divorce was not final.

Sanaz
Like in the olden days when you were short of funds and sent a check to the creditor without a signature thereby ~buying~ time.

Also who in USCIS told you to file? Was it the 1-800 misinformation line?
Old Mar 10th 2007, 3:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Like in the olden days when you were short of funds and sent a check to the creditor without a signature thereby ~buying~ time.

Also who in USCIS told you to file? Was it the 1-800 misinformation line?
I made an info pass appointment and asked the office in the baltimore office in person.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I made an info pass appointment and asked the office in the baltimore office in person.
Whoever answered your question and told you to file knowing you were *ineligible* at the time, gave you poor advice. You're lucky you weren't denied outright. As I say, it worked out for you so I guess this is all water under the bridge now... but it easily could have gone the other way. I will say though, I like your picture! Cute... very cute!

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Whoever answered your question and told you to file knowing you were *ineligible* at the time, gave you poor advice. You're lucky you weren't denied outright. As I say, it worked out for you so I guess this is all water under the bridge now... but it easily could have gone the other way. I will say though, I like your picture! Cute... very cute!

Ian
Thank you for the compliment Ian . The officer told me that I will most probably get denied but he told me that I should do it anyways. Because if you do not apply for removal of conditions during the 90 day period, you will be considered for removal. If you do apply for it though, even if it gets denied (due to the fact that your divorce was not finalized by then), they will give you a couple of months time period to apply again, this time being divorced and including your divorce decree.
If you do not apply in the 90 day period you are jeopordizing your case. So you should apply no matter what. The worse thing that can happen is you will get denied because your divorce was not finalize and they will give you a time frame to apply again. This way you will never be out of status and you will never be considered for removal.

Sanaz
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi Everyone,
I received my 10 yr GC in the mail yesterday. Just wanted to let you know my timeline. I sent my I-751 to Vermont.

NOA: August 21st 2006
Biometrics: September 6th 2006
Email Notice: Card production ordered on March 7th 2007
Green card received in the mail on March 14th 2007

Good luck to all of you
Sanaz
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Hi Everyone,
I received my 10 yr GC in the mail yesterday. Just wanted to let you know my timeline. I sent my I-751 to Vermont.

NOA: August 21st 2006
Biometrics: September 6th 2006
Email Notice: Card production ordered on March 7th 2007
Green card received in the mail on March 14th 2007

Good luck to all of you
Sanaz
Cool. Congrats!!

I am filing mine next week, under a good faith waiver. I am not hiring a lawyer. Did you hire one?

Ian, agreed. She is cute.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:40 am
Just Joined

I did not hire a lawyer. You do not need one. Is your divorce already complete or not?

Thanks for the compliment .

Sanaz
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

I did not hire a lawyer. You do not need one. Is your divorce already complete or not?

Thanks for the compliment .

Sanaz
Yes, it got finalized this month. I have been slacking a little bit, but I have also been tied up with lots of stuff. But this weekend, I will prepare my package and file it next week.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 5:33 am
Just Joined

OK that is good. Make sure you include your divorce decree and send lots of documents. I sent everything that I had, It ended up being one big box. Send pictures and affidavits as well, I had affidavits from friends, neighbours and family. If you need more specific information let me know and good luck.

Sanaz
Old Mar 16th 2007, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

OK that is good. Make sure you include your divorce decree and send lots of documents. I sent everything that I had, It ended up being one big box. Send pictures and affidavits as well, I had affidavits from friends, neighbours and family. If you need more specific information let me know and good luck.

Sanaz
I just sent you a pm.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 6:06 am
Just Joined

I did not get it. can you send it again......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.