Wikiposts

I-751 and divorce

Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

daisy_08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 and divorce

I re-scheduled my I-751 and N-400 interview because hubby can't go with me at the interview, since we are now separated. Now I don't know if how long I will get for another interview appointment again. My question is if I will get another schedule for interview and my divorced is still in a process, just filed it 3 days ago, what's gonna happen? I know my N-400 is automatic deny but would they give me an extension until my divorced gets finalized so I can file for a waiver?

Thank you!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 and divorce

Originally Posted by daisy_08
I re-scheduled my I-751 and N-400 interview because hubby can't go with me at the interview, since we are now separated.
Why did you reschedule it? It couldn't have been because your husband was unable to go with you, that is your situation now and it isn't going to change.

Now I don't know if how long I will get for another interview appointment again.
That's correct, there's no way of knowing.

My question is if I will get another schedule for interview and my divorced is still in a process, just filed it 3 days ago, what's gonna happen?
Probably the same thing that would have happened at this interview, if you had gone to it. We don't know what would have happened, since you didn't go.

I know my N-400 is automatic deny but would they give me an extension until my divorced gets finalized so I can file for a waiver?
The only way to know is to go to the interview and ask. Bring a lawyer to the interview with you!

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

daisy_08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Because it was my 2nd interview and husband must come with me at the interview.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 5:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisy_08
Because it was my 2nd interview and husband must come with me at the interview.
But you and your husband are separated, and getting divorced, aren't you? So of course he couldn't come with you, and he won't come to the next one with you either.

Did your lawyer recommend rescheduling the interview? Does your lawyer recommend rescheduling it again if you get another one soon?

Rene