i 751 delays

Old Mar 2nd 2021, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

robbyad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i 751 delays

Hi there...

I am new but as well as asking a question hoped my post may help people. I am applying to have my conditions removed, i currently have 15 days left on my resident green card. I was eligible to apply the 5th of December (90 days before, i think) USCIS received it at the lockbox 11th January. As of today i have heard nothing, i wanted to help anyone and say i would post your forms priority mail, with signature. Also send them the day before allowing USCIS the full 90 days to send your receipt that then extends for one and a half years.

I was on the phone (the only way i know how to get an agent now is to say technical problems till someone answers) and they said processing, as in even opening the mail is 60-90 days. Is this what anyone in this position has experienced. Does anyone has any suggestions what so ever about anything i can do ?

I assume i have nothing left but to wait but i hope my message helps someone somehow. Have a great week
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 8:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i 751 delays

Do not send the I-751 package prior to the 90-day window. They look at the postmark.

Yes, everyone is experiencing delays. You remain a PR while waiting, so nothing to be concerned about. Eventually you'll receive an extension letter in the mail.

Rene
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

robbyad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Do not send the I-751 package prior to the 90-day window. They look at the postmark.

Yes, everyone is experiencing delays. You remain a PR while waiting, so nothing to be concerned about. Eventually you'll receive an extension letter in the mail.

Rene
Thank you Rene, i wasnt aware, will affect my right to work or does this just continue as normal. And thank you for taking the time to answer, having never done it before im a bit lost
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 9:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since you remain a PR, your right to work remains intact. Really nothing changes for you at all.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2021, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

I've been waiting more than two years...
Old Mar 10th 2021, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jasskatten is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Robbyad for sharing your experience. I cant really add much to the conversation, other than that I am in the same boat. I got a message two weeks ago from US Postal Service that USCIS had received and signed for my application, but nothing from USCIS. No check cashed, no text message or e-mail, and certainly no notice of action.

It is a bit nerve wrecking. I'm not in as bad a need of an extension letter as notaclue, but my drivers license is about to expire, and the DMV won't extend my drivers license longer than the validity of my green card. So unless I get the extension letter I'll soon be without a drivers license. I'm working from home, so I can make do without a car for a while, but my wife is six months pregnant, so it would be awkward not having a drivers license when it is time to go to the hospital to give birth.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

For those in the same boat, my check was cashed today, 4.5 weeks after USCIS received the application. So Notice of Action should not be far behind *crossing my fingers*.

Also, I realized that VisaJourney has a very good resource where people update there timeline in an excel-sheet. 4-5 weeks was what everyone on there had to wait to get their checks cashed, then the Notice of Action followed not long thereafter. Don't know if plugging other sites is a no-no, but it did calm my nerves seeing that everyone was experiencing the same delays.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

And today I finally received the extension letter. It took almost exactly eight weeks from when I sent the application to USCIS. Something to have in mind if you're sending in Removal of Conditions. Next step, renewing driver's license that only got renewed for three weeks since I could not bring my extension letter.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Y'all! I found this thread very informative so thank you. I am in a similar situation to everyone here. My current visa expires in May 2021 and I have submitted the I-751 form and I am now waiting.

One question I have, is there anyway to prove my status won't change? I am in the process of looking at moving jobs and I imagine a potential employer may not like my current visa showing expiry in 2021?

Many thanks,
Scott
Old Apr 13th 2021, 12:31 am

Hi Scott,

If you are a US PR (you have a green card, even a 2- year one), then all you need to get hired is your SS card (without the legend saying you need work authorization, which you should have applied for when you became a PR), and your drivers license.

You no longer have a visa that expires if you are now a PR.

Rene
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 8:08 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently putting together my i-751 so reading this is helpful. I was wondering if another biometrics is needed for this as I saw that it asks for Two completed Form FD- 258 Fingerprint Cards.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 8:19 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I may have read the form a little too quick You only need to supply passport photos and fingerprints for people who are overseas (military etc). But it did say you 'may' be asked to do a biometrics.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Trilo
OK, I may have read the form a little too quick You only need to supply passport photos and fingerprints for people who are overseas (military etc). But it did say you 'may' be asked to do a biometrics.
Under normal circumstances, biometrics is required, yes. With COVID, they may skip it, no way of knowing at the moment.

Rene
Old May 30th 2021, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jasskatten
And today I finally received the extension letter. It took almost exactly eight weeks from when I sent the application to USCIS. Something to have in mind if you're sending in Removal of Conditions. Next step, renewing driver's license that only got renewed for three weeks since I could not bring my extension letter.
Well,I thought the next step was just a lot of waiting, but when I happened to log in to my USCIS account two weeks after getting my extension letter, I found a message that USCIS tried to send me a notice but it was returned to them because USPS was unable to deliver the notice. The only thing I figured it could be was the biometrics appointment or more likely the notice that they would reuse the fingerprints from the biometrics appointment for my Adjustment of Status, since that seems to be standard practice at the moment.

I followed the directions in the message and sent an e-request for USCIS to resend the notice. Two weeks after that I got an answer that USCIS would resend the notice. And yesterday I got the notice, which turned out to be a copy of the extension letter. The two letters are identical, the only difference is the date when the notice was sent.

So now i am wondering if I should use the chat function on Tuesday to see if I can find out where USCIS messed up, or if I should just ignore it and hope that the biometrics letter shows up at some point. I have a couple of scenarios in my mind what could have gone wrong:

1. The first message about USPS not being able to deliver the notice was a computer glitch.
2. USCIS sent a copy of the extesnion letter because of some glitch, it was not delivered by USPS, and now they resent the extension letter.
3. USCIS sent a biometrics letter, USPS sent it back, and now they resent the extension letter instead.

I guess I'll try to get a live operator on the chat on Tuesday and see if I need to take any action.