Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 CSC Approved an on to Los Angeles INS?

Wikiposts

I-751 CSC Approved an on to Los Angeles INS?

Old Jun 16th 2002, 7:20 am
Larry Nicholas

Default I-751 CSC Approved an on to Los Angeles INS?

My wife just received notification the her request for removal of the conditional
basis of her permanent resident status has been approved. She is deemed to be a
lawful permanent resident of the US as of the date of her original admission.

It goes on to say that she must obtain a new alien registration receipt card (Form
I-551). To do so, she must appear in person at the US Dept of Justice/INS, 300 N. Los
Angeles St 2050, Los Angeles. She is to bring with her, her Chinese Passport and 3
recent photos.

My question to everyone is, will she have to stand in one of those long lines at that
center? I have heard that you must get there at 3:00am to have any hope of getting
through the door there.

TIA

Larry

Old Jun 16th 2002, 5:20 pm
Andreiz

Default Re: I-751 CSC Approved an on to Los Angeles INS?

I don't know about your center, but when i had a similar situation (my I-751 was
approved a month ago) and I had to go to Philadelphia to get my passport stamped, it
took them ALL day to process 15 applicants. It was very slow as they had to make
phone calls regarding the status of those 15 people, as they had people with letters
of approval but in the system they were not approved (i was one of those). The office
in Philly closes at 3pm, BUT as long as you are in the building by then, you'll be
served. Next time, i'll get there by 2pm as the officers really move quickly after
three -everyone wants to get home early. Try that!

congrats on your I-751 approved!

andrei

Old Jun 16th 2002, 6:24 pm
Ruireb

Default Re: I-751 CSC Approved an on to Los Angeles INS?

Hello,

I sent mine a few weeks ago, and I may have to go to Los Angeles also. When did you
send the I-751 to CSC?

Mona