I-751 At CSC - Anybody Filed Mid-September 2006

Wikiposts

I-751 At CSC - Anybody Filed Mid-September 2006

Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

rachel808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 At CSC - Anybody Filed Mid-September 2006

Hello Everybody,

I have been reading this forum for a while and it really helps me listening to other people's experiences. I am waiting for I-751 approval now and it is causing me great anxiety. I filed I-751 on Sep. 05. Received NOA dated Sep. 13. Received Biometrics notice dated Sep. 26 and had fingerprinting done on Oct. 27. Since then nothing has happened. From reading the forum it seems that most people here who filed I-751 after July 06 at CSC received approval at around 2-4 months after filing. That makes me wonder whether there is anything wrong with my case. Anybody filed around mid-Sep. 06 and got approved? Anybody knows whether USCIS does so-called FBI background check for I-751 approval (what is FBI background check any way)? Is that why it is taking so long?

Anything to share please.

Regards,
Rachel
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 At CSC - Anybody Filed Mid-September 2006

Originally Posted by rachel808
Anybody knows whether USCIS does so-called FBI background check for I-751 approval (what is FBI background check any way)? Is that why it is taking so long?
No one can say for sure why it's taking so long, but there are myriad background checks including the FBI's name check and fingerprint check. The problem isn't usually with any of the checks (which are usually done within a couple of weeks), but with matching up the FBI's information with your actual case file... that can take years!

In the grand scheme of things, the I-751 is a low priority application since your PR status does not change at all in the interim. If/when you're eligible to file for naturalization, go ahead and file... whether or not the I-751 has been adjudicated. Filing the N-400 will force the adjudication of the I-751.

Ian
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

rachel808 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No one can say for sure why it's taking so long, but there are myriad background checks including the FBI's name check and fingerprint check. The problem isn't usually with any of the checks (which are usually done within a couple of weeks), but with matching up the FBI's information with your actual case file... that can take years!

In the grand scheme of things, the I-751 is a low priority application since your PR status does not change at all in the interim. If/when you're eligible to file for naturalization, go ahead and file... whether or not the I-751 has been adjudicated. Filing the N-400 will force the adjudication of the I-751.

Ian
Ian thanks for sharing your knowledge with me. I'm worried 'cause there is a crisis in my marriage. We are reconsiling but who knows... I am extremely stressed out now. I know I can file a divorce and then re-file I751 but I dread even the thought of going through all of it all over again. My USC husband is not hostile (yet) and he's willing to stick it out with me till this is done. However that's like sleeping on a time bomb and I lose a lot of leverage in my marrital status. I just hope this all finishes soon. It's been five months since my NOA and I haven't heard anything while it seems that normally I751 at CSC nowadays takes only 2-4 months? It also seems that when there is RFE usually it takes longer. Usually the RFE is notified before NOA and biometrics am I right? My NOA and biometrics are both OK so does that suggest that I won't necessarily get a RFE? I wish they'd ask me for more evidence now as at least that tells me that they are reviewing my case!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachel808
I am extremely stressed out now. I know I can file a divorce and then re-file I751 but I dread even the thought of going through all of it all over again.
I'm not sure what you mean by "going through all of it all over again", but if you divorce, you only need to demonstrate that you *entered* the marriage in good faith. What happened after day one doesn't much matter.

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:18 am
Just Joined

sweetey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi rachel808 ..did you get any update/approval/rfe for your i-751...