Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 (Conditionals removal) - Questions!

I-751 (Conditionals removal) - Questions!

Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 (Conditionals removal) - Questions!

You can include them if you wish. Just be sure they are in the correct format. I.e. that it is noted what status the author is in the US as, eg, US citizen, PR, etc. Where they live, phone number, length of time they have known you, the specific occasion on which they noted the status of your marriage, etc. And no, they do not have to be notarized. The first line of the letter should be:

I, Jane Whatsmyname, affirm that I've know _______________
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light

So I looked to see how many bills I saved from 2007-8: unfortunately not many. I don't know why I thought I'd only need to show last 3 months of everything.

I can show them pay stubs from employer from 07, 08, 09 (we work for the same employer, same site, and same address on paychecks). Is it worth it?

Also I have car insurance on both our names from last year and taxes.

Should my wife and I go to our phone companies, water, electricity and try to get history from them or you think it is overkill and last 3 months will do?

I have one more question: do you send copies of everything? I have some apartment contracts from the past (we been living together for 4 years and owned a house 2 last years) and they are like 15 page long. Should I just send them originals since I won't need them or will I ever need those for applying for citizenship or something?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kthx
So I looked to see how many bills I saved from 2007-8: unfortunately not many. I don't know why I thought I'd only need to show last 3 months of everything.

I can show them pay stubs from employer from 07, 08, 09 (we work for the same employer, same site, and same address on paychecks). Is it worth it?

Also I have car insurance on both our names from last year and taxes.

Should my wife and I go to our phone companies, water, electricity and try to get history from them or you think it is overkill and last 3 months will do?

I have one more question: do you send copies of everything? I have some apartment contracts from the past (we been living together for 4 years and owned a house 2 last years) and they are like 15 page long. Should I just send them originals since I won't need them or will I ever need those for applying for citizenship or something?
Never send originals of anything, always send a photocopy.

It's really up to you what and how much to send. As you can see, Rete and I did things differently, and we both got approved. USCIS just looks at whatever you send them, and decides on the strength of your evidence, whether you are still in a valid, ongoing marriage or not.

Even if you don't send enough, USCIS will send you an RFE for more evidence. It's not like they'll deny you outright.

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

From Page 2 of the I-751 instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

Submit copies of as many documents as you wish to establish this fact and to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date...

I took this at face value and included evidence from the date of the marriage to present date. Others have submitted less and still got approved.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2009, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your help. I will try to send as much as I can to avoid possibility of RFE.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:39 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I-751 form with 2 photos and supporting documents:
I didn't see anything about sending photos, I just sent mine off last month and have my Biometrics appointment on the 13th so I assume if there was a requirement for photos they would've rejected the application. I figured the biometrics place would do the picture either way I've got my year extension so plenty of time to fix it if I'm wrong.

As others have said send what you can and don't worry about it, most of the bills I have are either in my name or my wife's not both, never sent a single photo either. I sent about 3 different bills from the last 2 years, about 3 different insurance things (car, home & medical) then the joint mortgage and birth certificate of our 11 month old. I never sent anything from the time before I moved over here either.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I didn't see anything about sending photos, I just sent mine off last month and have my Biometrics appointment on the 13th so I assume if there was a requirement for photos they would've rejected the application. I figured the biometrics place would do the picture either way I've got my year extension so plenty of time to fix it if I'm wrong.

As others have said send what you can and don't worry about it, most of the bills I have are either in my name or my wife's not both, never sent a single photo either. I sent about 3 different bills from the last 2 years, about 3 different insurance things (car, home & medical) then the joint mortgage and birth certificate of our 11 month old. I never sent anything from the time before I moved over here either.
Yeah a lot of people think you need to send passport photos but that is clearly labelled under an exception if you are outside the country. There is no need if you are in the country.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really nice

I sent in as follows :
Assorted bank statements in both our names
copy of my temp green card
photo's of me and wife (about 5or 6 )
wedding cert. (copy )
Military I.D. copy
utility bills over past 2 years
copies of our tax returns
2 references from people we know when i got here 2 yrs ago
a few birthday cards from parents and wife

I think that was it but knowing me i prob send some other stuff but just forgot what
It only took about 2 months from start to finish when they sent me the email telling me that my 10yr card was now in the process of being produced and sent my way.

Good luck to you.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lovin_it_ere
I sent in as follows :
Assorted bank statements in both our names
copy of my temp green card
photo's of me and wife (about 5or 6 )
wedding cert. (copy )
Military I.D. copy
utility bills over past 2 years
copies of our tax returns
2 references from people we know when i got here 2 yrs ago
a few birthday cards from parents and wife

I think that was it but knowing me i prob send some other stuff but just forgot what
It only took about 2 months from start to finish when they sent me the email telling me that my 10yr card was now in the process of being produced and sent my way.

Good luck to you.
Great, I hope it takes me 2 months too. How long did original one take you?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

2 more questions:

1) I guess it is true: I do not need to take any pics for I-751 form? Only military or people residing abroad should?
2) When I get my appointment for fingerprints: I think I can actually try to go earlier as soon as I get the letter? (My friend who just got citizenship did that as per his lawyers advise)
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:12 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Correct no pictures are required. As for number 2 I've heard you can go early but my appointment is 8am so I won't be able to test that theory.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Correct no pictures are required. As for number 2 I've heard you can go early but my appointment is 8am so I won't be able to test that theory.
Early, I meant earlier day. When you get letter it is usually 2 weeks in advance for the appointment, but you can go right away (to see if you can get squeezed in)
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:18 pm
You aint seen me, right?

No idea about that, I live too far away from the office to risk making the journey only to be turned away especially as the appointment is usually only a few weeks after you send the form in.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:19 pm

Early, I meant earlier day. When you get letter it is usually 2 weeks in advance for the appointment, but you can go right away (to see if you can get squeezed in)
Yes, that's correct. Once you have the appointment letter in hand, you can go on an earlier day. The worst that could happen is they tell you to come back at your appointment date, but I haven't seen that happen to date.

Rene
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, that's correct. Once you have the appointment letter in hand, you can go on an earlier day. The worst that could happen is they tell you to come back at your appointment date, but I haven't seen that happen to date.

Rene
Good to know. One more thing: when you make photocopies: is it okay if I just print scanned green card (front and back)? So it will be colored photocopy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.