Wikiposts

I-751 Biometrics in VT

Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:24 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751 Biometrics in VT

I went for my I-751 biometrics yesterday. All that was easy and I would have been in and out of the office in 10 minutes. Although I already have my NOA, they didn't know this, and so I thought I'd see if I could get a stamp in my passport to allow me to travel. I called at the desk (I was the only one in the office) and they eventually came to see me. I asked them if they could stamp my passport as I need to travel, and that my GC runs out in 10 days. the officer said he couldn't do it. I asked why not and he said it was against policy. I said that I needed to cross the border a lot and my card would run out soon. He said I would have to wait until my GC runs out, and at that point I could come back and deal with it. I asked when this policy came in to place and he said on October 1st. Has anyone heard of this?? I know for sure many other offices have been giving out stamps in the past month for people who need to travel and have no NOA. I told him of this practice and he said those offices were going against policy. Of course, I don't need to worry as I have my NOA, but I was surprised this officer was being such an ###, and I'm not even sure the 'policy' that he quoted was even true. Any insight?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:00 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Biometrics in VT

Surprise! He was correct and many offices have not been giving out the stamp for over a year now. Don't know about this October 1 start date but a quick search of the archives will show this has been effect for a while.

However, that said, if you are without the NOA and your green card is expired and need the stamp, then you MIGHT be able to get it.

Why were you trying to fool them into giving you something you don't need?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:32 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Surprise! He was correct and many offices have not been giving out the stamp for over a year now. Don't know about this October 1 start date but a quick search of the archives will show this has been effect for a while.

However, that said, if you are without the NOA and your green card is expired and need the stamp, then you MIGHT be able to get it.

Why were you trying to fool them into giving you something you don't need?
Oh, that's interesting!

There have been quite a few I-751s waiting for NOAs who have been given stamps very recently. It seems they got them easily after explaining that they needed to travel and have filed their I-751, even though their GC was still valid.

I wasn't try to fool them into anything. I was just curious if they really did give out stamps that easily. I now see that they don't
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Frannod is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding Stamps: the officer I spoke to from the misinformation line (800 customer service number) advised that if my Green Card is about to expire and I need to travel, to just make an info pass apt., give them the receipt #, nd they will stamp my passport. Since my green card isn't expired as yet, I will not know how true this is...But I've read on other forums that they do stamp your passport if you need to travel, and your GC is expiring..

Like other member say, if you don't need the stamp, don't get it...
Old Nov 7th 2006, 3:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
Oh, that's interesting!

There have been quite a few I-751s waiting for NOAs who have been given stamps very recently. It seems they got them easily after explaining that they needed to travel and have filed their I-751, even though their GC was still valid.

I wasn't try to fool them into anything. I was just curious if they really did give out stamps that easily. I now see that they don't

It could be that if your green card had been expired you might have been given the stamp. Obviously since yours had not lapsed this possibility was denied you. If you're still curious, you can always go back after its expiration and try again.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
I went for my I-751 biometrics yesterday. All that was easy and I would have been in and out of the office in 10 minutes.
If what happened to me is any indication, they will use the information from this Biometrics appointment to make your Permanent Resident Card as soon as your I-751 is approved.

My 10-year PR card came in today's mail, even though the I-751 approval letter I got last week said that I would be receiving an appointment notice to go back to my local Application Support Center yet again.