Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Biometrics Appointment

Wikiposts

I-751 Biometrics Appointment

Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough
Default I-751 Biometrics Appointment

Hi,
On July 17, 2006 We mailed the I-751 Packet to VSC
On July 31, 2006 We received an NOA extending the status for 1 more year
Today I received a letter with a biometrics appointment for October 3rd. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the 10 year GC after the biometrics is done?

Thank you very much.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Biometrics Appointment

Originally Posted by violator_dm
Hi,
Today I received a letter with a biometrics appointment for October 3rd. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the 10 year GC after the biometrics is done?

Thank you very much.

You have to be approved first. VSC is fast these days with the I-751. Figure at least another 3 to 5 months.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:36 pm
2B1-ASK1

bkhorn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rete
You have to be approved first. VSC is fast these days with the I-751. Figure at least another 3 to 5 months.
Congrats but fast they are not. They received our I-751 on Aug 14th, cashed check on Aug 21st and that is all we know. We have not received a NOA yet. I keep hoping everyday that we will hear something.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 1:53 am
Just Joined

JustinS is an unknown quantity at this point

Does Biometrics need for everybody? I have done in I-485. I mailed on Aug 3, but got nothing from VSC. I am afraid the NOA is missing. I just wonder if I need the biometrics.

thanks
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustinS
Does Biometrics need for everybody? I have done in I-485. I mailed on Aug 3, but got nothing from VSC. I am afraid the NOA is missing. I just wonder if I need the biometrics.

thanks
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that pretty much EVERYONE applying for I-751 has done biometrics for I-485. So, yes, you will need them.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Piggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by violator_dm
Hi,

Thank you very much.

I filed on July 10th wit VSC
And had ASC Biometrics Appt for Aug 22nd. Got them done,,, and as of today I haven't heard anything from them....
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustinS

thanks
Hi Justin,

Are you asking about biometrics for I-485, or I-751? Regardless, yes, you need biometrics. USCIS will let you know when to go for that.

Rene
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:50 am
Just Joined

JustinS is an unknown quantity at this point

Rene,

I am talking about biometrics for I-751? What is time line for Biometrics notice? I sent out I-751 to VSC and didn't get NOA. I called them last week, the Officier told me they sent out NOA one month agon. I just couldn't get, I am wondering if I am going to miss the biometrics appoint too.

thanks,

Justin
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bkhorn
Congrats but fast they are not. They received our I-751 on Aug 14th, cashed check on Aug 21st and that is all we know. We have not received a NOA yet. I keep hoping everyday that we will hear something.
ha ha "Fast" means "not the 18 months that they used to regularly leave you hanging".
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:36 am
2B1-ASK1

bkhorn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by meauxna
ha ha "Fast" means "not the 18 months that they used to regularly leave you hanging".
18 MONTHS!!! That is unreal.

If they want you to apply within the 90 day window the least they could do is send out the NOA within a couple of weeks so you know you have another year. Now we are into the 60 day window without a word. All we know for sure is that they cashed the check.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

If they want you to apply within the 90 day window the least they could do is send out the NOA within a couple of weeks so you know you have another year. Now we are into the 60 day window without a word. All we know for sure is that they cashed the check.
Yeah, mine actually expired yesterday, but my card is wrong so I have another few weeks until I have no proof of status... when that time comes its going to be off to Infopass for me to see if I can convince them to give me a stamp in my passport, just in case an emergency happens to arise.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:57 am
Lissa

bkhorn wrote:
    > > ha ha :) "Fast" means "not the 18 months that they used to regularly
    > > leave you hanging".
    > 18 MONTHS!!! That is unreal.
    > If they want you to apply within the 90 day window the least they could
    > do is send out the NOA within a couple of weeks so you know you have
    > another year. Now we are into the 60 day window without a word. All we
    > know for sure is that they cashed the check.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Hmm this is answering my other question about how long it takes to get
the notice. My husband's work is mainly out of the country. If they
take another two months to get the notice, he could either be stuck
outside the country without the notice that could let him back in, or
he could get stuck inside the country without the notice to get out. I
have asked the bank for a copy of the check for the case #. Perhaps I
should make an infopass appointment when my husband gets home next
week.

Does anyone know the rules on international travel if we haven't
received the notification? They can't interrupt my husband's
livelyhood and the majority of our income, can they?

Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lissa
bkhorn wrote:
    > > ha ha "Fast" means "not the 18 months that they used to regularly
    > > leave you hanging".
    > 18 MONTHS!!! That is unreal.
    > If they want you to apply within the 90 day window the least they could
    > do is send out the NOA within a couple of weeks so you know you have
    > another year. Now we are into the 60 day window without a word. All we
    > know for sure is that they cashed the check.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Hmm this is answering my other question about how long it takes to get
the notice. My husband's work is mainly out of the country. If they
take another two months to get the notice, he could either be stuck
outside the country without the notice that could let him back in, or
he could get stuck inside the country without the notice to get out. I
have asked the bank for a copy of the check for the case #. Perhaps I
should make an infopass appointment when my husband gets home next
week.

Does anyone know the rules on international travel if we haven't
received the notification? They can't interrupt my husband's
livelyhood and the majority of our income, can they?

They can pretty much do whatever they want.
I'd suggest trying an Infopass appointment. I dont know if anyone actually KNOWS that this would work, but I'd say it would definately be worth a shot if his green card is about to expire.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I never submitted I-485 because we went the DCF route. I had biometrics done when I arrived in the US a little over 2 years ago. That is it.
I am just glad that everything is in process and keep my fingers crossed that my case will not be delayed or lost.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And your planet is????

We used VSC and waited 20 months. It is only in the last 8 months that they have speeded up a bit.

I'm going back to lurking ... having a difficult time dealing with posters who think I-751's (and there are many of you) should be an instanteous decision for the lowest priority petition on the books.