Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 approval, Indianapolis

Wikiposts

I-751 approval, Indianapolis

Old Sep 29th 2005, 3:40 am

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future
Default I-751 approval, Indianapolis

Got my passport stamped today with the I-551 stamp after my I-751 was approved!

Just wanted to add to the statistic that they only wanted 2 passport photos. Thanks a bunch for making me spend another $8!

The whole thing was done and dusted in less than 15 mins. I suspect having an InfoPass appt and working in the same building as USCIS helps

My stamp is valid for 12 months and I was told I would receive my 10 yr GC in 9 - 12 months. I will be test driving the stamp in December as I go back to Blighty for a visit with my 2 young children and their brand new US passports. There's something odd about an infant's picture in a passport that will last them for 5 years! I'm in no hurry to get them British passports but will probably do it when they can get a 10 year one.

James
Old Sep 29th 2005, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 approval, Indianapolis

Congratulations

Could you please tell us about your time frame since you sent your I-751 ?

Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:11 am

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ramNagab
Congratulations

Could you please tell us about your time frame since you sent your I-751 ?

Thanks
Sure.

Mar 1, 2005 I-751 application sent to NSC.
Mar 5, 2005 NOA received
Mar 6, 2005 2 year cond GC expired (I know, I almost forgot to submit the 751!)
Sep 3, 2005 I-751 approval received
Sep 29, 2005 I-551 stamp in passport
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, James! Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2005, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

I'm happy for you, but totally jealous!

We submitted our I-751 to Nebraska in before you did and just got a Request for Evidence this week. I sent loads of stuff back to them and I hope they love it!

Hopefully, Philip and I will be required to make a trip to Indy soon. We're ready to have this behind us.

We get to apply for his Naturalization in a few weeks. Hopefully, it will speed things along.

I'm jealous of you working in the USCIS building. That means you can go to St. Elmo's for shrimp cocktail at lunch!

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!
looks like that you had smooth and fast process.
could you please share with us what kind of paperwork/evidence did you send along with your I-751 form?
All small details are appreciated,
btw, have a nice trip
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by bantik2005
Congratulations!
looks like that you had smooth and fast process.
could you please share with us what kind of paperwork/evidence did you send along with your I-751 form?
All small details are appreciated,
btw, have a nice trip
Just go with what is asked for on the form.
Joint mortgage deed/statements, joint bank statements, joint utility statements. I don't remember sending any affidavits though.

I'm sure the biggest plus was our child's birth certificate
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by James Box
My stamp is valid for 12 months and I was told I would receive my 10 yr GC in 9 - 12 months. I will be test driving the stamp in December as I go back to Blighty for a visit with my 2 young children and their brand new US passports.
Update: I actually test drove the stamp at the weekend as I went back for a funeral. All was fine except that the check-in lady at Heathrow was initially confused that the stamp was my temporary green card, until she read what it said.

As it turns out, my new 10 yr GC arrived whilst I was away, just 2 weeks after my infopass appointment.

James
Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Update: I actually test drove the stamp at the weekend as I went back for a funeral. All was fine except that the check-in lady at Heathrow was initially confused that the stamp was my temporary green card, until she read what it said.

As it turns out, my new 10 yr GC arrived whilst I was away, just 2 weeks after my infopass appointment.

James
wow, thats cool,
congrats
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:34 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Got my passport stamped today with the I-551 stamp after my I-751 was approved!

The whole thing was done and dusted in less than 15 mins. I suspect having an InfoPass appt and working in the same building as USCIS helps

James
Congrats James,
I guess it was just another day at the office for you then hmmm?

~Sean~
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....