Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 application sent - Thank you!

Wikiposts

I-751 application sent - Thank you!

Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:55 am
Just Joined

winterpassing is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I-751 application sent - Thank you!

My husband and I filed an I-751 application earlier this month and I received my NOA today. I just wanted to thank all of you for, unknowingly, being a huge help! This forum gave us many helpful ideas of what supporting documents to include in our package. My biometrics appointment has not yet arrived but I'm hoping it will show up in the next couple of weeks, if not earlier.

Again, many thanks! I couldn't have done it without you!

*Time line in profile
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

fahad will become famous soon enoughfahad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I-751 application sent - Thank you!

Originally Posted by winterpassing
My husband and I filed an I-751 application earlier this month and I received my NOA today. I just wanted to thank all of you for, unknowingly, being a huge help! This forum gave us many helpful ideas of what supporting documents to include in our package. My biometrics appointment has not yet arrived but I'm hoping it will show up in the next couple of weeks, if not earlier.

*Time line in profile
I will be sending my I-751 this week with my wife. Can you tell me what documents did u send?
Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:30 am
Just Joined

winterpassing is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure can. Here's a list of some of the documents we sent it with the application:

Copy of my permanent residency card, front and back
Copies of my husband's and my driver licenses showing the same address
Our son's birth certificate
Plane tickets to my home country (Sweden), from last May
Joint checking account statements from Jan 07, Jan 06 and Jan 05
Joint tax returns from 2005 and 2006
Joint car loan
Joint insurance policies, health and car
Letter from our church, attesting to attendance and tithe
Two affidavits from friends
4 pages, front and back, of pictures

Hope that helps!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:10 am
Just Joined

shift_limitations is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: I-751 application sent - Thank you!

Hi
I will be sending my I-751 soon along with my wife. I have a question like what format
Two affidavits from friends should look like?
Thank you
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shift_limitations
Hi
I will be sending my I-751 soon along with my wife. I have a question like what format
Two affidavits from friends should look like?
Thank you
There is no specific format. It can just be on plain paper, just a simple letter from your friends stating the facts about how they know you as a couple, and attesting that you guys are a real couple.

By the way, the affidavits are not *required*, but you can include them if you wish.

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shift_limitations
I will be sending my I-751 soon along with my wife.
I'm pretty sure you're not meant to send your wife along with the I-751. She'll probably be rejected for insufficient postage!

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:49 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winterpassing

*Time line in profile
Mine finally goes off tomorrow morning. Whats the best/safest/securest way to send this? No reasonable suggestion will be refused.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Mine finally goes off tomorrow morning. Whats the best/safest/securest way to send this? No reasonable suggestion will be refused.
Certified mail, return receipt requested. That's the way we've sent all our USCIS packages and it always worked for us.

Rene