I-751 Application

Old Apr 6th 2015, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

elaw2k2 is just really niceelaw2k2 is just really niceelaw2k2 is just really niceelaw2k2 is just really niceelaw2k2 is just really niceelaw2k2 is just really niceelaw2k2 is just really niceelaw2k2 is just really nice
Default I-751 Application

Hi everyone,

First of all, I want to say this is by far the best immigration forum online. I didn't need a lawyer to file for my greencard and everything went well.

I have a couple of months left to apply for removal of conditions. What documents are required with the I-751 application and how long does it take for the application to get approved?
Old Apr 6th 2015, 5:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Application

The documents required should be listed in the I-751 instructions on Homepage | USCIS.

Basically it's paper proof of your joint life together over the past 2 years.

It could take a year or more to get approved, but in the meantime you remain a PR. You'll get an extension letter in the mail which you can use for overseas travel after your current card expires.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

eoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really nice

Hey there,

I filed my I-751 with waiver around the 23rd February, received by biometrics appointment a month later, went in on the 30th for photo and fingerprints and am now waiting for the interview letter.

I sent in everything I had, even though I like to be super prepared, I felt like I was missing something, but that is just me. I got divorced near the end of my 2 year conditional period, but I kept good records of my relationship for the previous 8 years.

Essentially send everything that you have accumulated after your initial interview, taxes, property, insurance..etc etc

It's not like the first time, no birth certificates or doctor things, just that you were and still are in a real marriage. Hey, you might not even have to go in for another interview!

Good luck!!

Ian
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The OP didn't say he's filing I-751 with waiver. It's very rare to be called for an interview when filling a joint I-751.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

eoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really niceeoyn is just really nice

I'm aware of that, was simply stating my experience and timeline thus far.

Last edited by eoyn; Apr 6th 2015 at 8:28 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:06 pm

OK, no problem. Just pointing out that your cases are different.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Rene,

This might be off topic and I certainly don't want to diverse from the OPs thread, but can you still get a RFE after biometrics? Thanks for all your answers.

Ian
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:31 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eoyn
Hey Rene,

This might be off topic and I certainly don't want to diverse from the OPs thread, but can you still get a RFE after biometrics? Thanks for all your answers.

Ian
You can get an RFE at any point until your application is approved.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by eoyn
Hey Rene,

Ian
Oh, yes! The biometrics come first, then they start reviewing your case.

Rene