Wikiposts

I-751 advice requested

Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Topper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really nice
Default Re: I-751 advice requested

Hi,

Quick update since my last post:
Jan 31: I-751 petition sent to NSC
Feb 8: Get receipt notice letter from CSC extending GC by one year
March 2: Get biometrics appointment letter from CSC - scheduled for 03/13

Few questions/clarifications:
a) The case status number (starting with WSC....) is different on the receipt notice letter and the biometrics appointment letter. I read somewhere on this forum (unable to find that post tho') that its not unusual for these two numbers to be different - is this correct? I was able to add the WSC number to my online case portfolio but the WSC number from the receipt notice still gives an error.

b) As instructed in the appointment letter, I plan to carry the appointment letter along with Driver's License (for identification). Should I carry anything else (passport, receipt notice for I-751, old GC, etc)?

c) Would I be asked to hand over my old GC at the ASC since it has expired?

d) Any other advise/tips that I should be aware of would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
-Topper
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Topper
b) As instructed in the appointment letter, I plan to carry the appointment letter along with Driver's License (for identification). Should I carry anything else (passport, receipt notice for I-751, old GC, etc)?
Might not be a bad idea to have them available, but you probably only need the appointment letter and photo ID.

c) Would I be asked to hand over my old GC at the ASC since it has expired?
No.

Rene
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Topper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really niceTopper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Might not be a bad idea to have them available, but you probably only need the appointment letter and photo ID.

No.

Rene
Rene - As always, thanks for the super-fast response

Any thoughts on qs a) in my post above? I vaguely recall reading that there shouldn't be a problem if the two WSC numbers are different, but just wanted to confirm and am unable to find the thread which discussed this.

Thanks,
-Topper
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:01 am
Just Joined

As mentioned previously, did the biometrics on March 13 at the St Paul ASC. I verified that the LUD for the online petition was updated on the 13th (probably when they sent the biometrics information from the ASC) and then again on the 14th (not sure what this was for - maybe when someone looked at the biometric data in CSC?). Now for the waiting part...

Other than that, I noticed that even though the instructions only mention carrying ONE state issued ID (e.g. driver's license), they were asking for two ID's (driver's license and Green Card) at the ASC. People that didn't have BOTH were being asked to come back when they had both.

Not sure if this is "standard" practice at all/many ASC to ask for multiple ID's, but just thought I'd share this in case it helps someone that may go to this particular ASC, especially people like us who have to drive more than 80 miles to get to the ASC.

-Topper
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

I would've thought it would be obvious to people to bring their Green Card with them to something as PRETTY DARN IMPORTANT as a biometrics appointment....but that's just me!

Originally Posted by Topper
As mentioned previously, did the biometrics on March 13 at the St Paul ASC. I verified that the LUD for the online petition was updated on the 13th (probably when they sent the biometrics information from the ASC) and then again on the 14th (not sure what this was for - maybe when someone looked at the biometric data in CSC?). Now for the waiting part...

Other than that, I noticed that even though the instructions only mention carrying ONE state issued ID (e.g. driver's license), they were asking for two ID's (driver's license and Green Card) at the ASC. People that didn't have BOTH were being asked to come back when they had both.

Not sure if this is "standard" practice at all/many ASC to ask for multiple ID's, but just thought I'd share this in case it helps someone that may go to this particular ASC, especially people like us who have to drive more than 80 miles to get to the ASC.

-Topper

Last edited by lulu204; Mar 26th 2008 at 10:22 am.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulu204
I would've thought it would be obvious to people to bring their Green Card with them to something as PRETTY DARN IMPORTANT as a biometrics appointment....but that's just me!
true, but it only specifically says to bring that for biometrics if what citizenship I think it was, and as a passport and drivers license are acceptable forms of ID...

I'd still have brought it and you have to carry it regardless, but they should perhaps make it even more obvious
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulu204
And then there's the "you're supposed to carry your Green Card on you at all times" anyway.. the people should have their GCs on them regardless.
Old May 29th 2008, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Just wanted to post a quick update!

I recently (about 10 days back) got an email from USCIS's CRIS system that a new card had been ordered on May 16 (interestingly they sent me a separate email LATER saying that the application had been approved).

Obviously, that was great news and I thought the card would come in the next few weeks. So it was a pleasant surprize (and a great birthday gift, which was over memorial day weekend) when the card showed up in the mail on May 23.

Many thanks to everyone (Rene, Bob, Folinskyinla, meauxna) that helped me with this petition. meauxna - I did not mention it previously, but I used your 'template' for arranging the documents in the petition - I wouldn't be surprized if that made it easier for the adjudicating officer to go through the petition than if I had arranged it per my original plan. So I thank you for that and hope that your template can be a part of a dedicated/sticky(?) I-751 thread (as mentioned in that post) so that others can find it easily.

Anyways, so here's my timeline:
Jan 30, 2008 - Mailed in I-751 petition
Jan 31, 2008 - Petition reaches Lincoln, NE (NSC)
Feb 8, 2008: Get receipt notice letter from CSC extending GC by one year
March 2, 2008: Get biometrics appointment letter from CSC - scheduled for 03/13
March 13, 2008: Biometrics done
May 16, 2008: Email notification that new card has been ordered
May 20, 2008: Email notification that petition has been approved
May 23, 2008: Receive card in mail

Now to look into advantages of and decide if/when to apply N-400 (I should be eligible this November).

Thanks again everyone for your help and hope everyone else that has been waiting gets theirs approved soon as well!

-Topper

Last edited by Topper; May 29th 2008 at 4:03 am.
Old May 29th 2008, 4:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Topper! And you're welcome.

Rene
Old May 29th 2008, 4:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Topper, and congratulations!
You can add anything you think is helpful to the BE Wiki; if we don't have an I-751 page & you want to--you can start one!