Wikiposts

I-751

Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:13 am
Just Joined

carpediem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751

Hello,

Anyone know why you have to pay for a 2nd set of Biometrics when completing your 751?

I mean the point is supposed to be that fingerprints and retina scans are permanent ways of identity!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751

Originally Posted by carpediem
I mean the point is supposed to be that fingerprints and retina scans are permanent ways of identity!
They are... but the current equipment used by USCIS does not allow them to retreive fingerprints already done... so they make you get new ones. I agree, it sucks!

Ian
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
They are... but the current equipment used by USCIS does not allow them to retreive fingerprints already done... so they make you get new ones. I agree, it sucks!

Ian
Yep, what Ian says. USCIS captures the prints, but then can't retrieve them later, and need to take new ones.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Also remember that the biometric fee of $80 is not solely for security checks but is used also for the manufacture of your green card itself. In that respect one must realize that there is usually a change in appearance, i.e. different hair style, color, weight loss or gain. Thus, the biometrics which includes the photo will show you as you currently are.

Last edited by Rete; Feb 21st 2008 at 7:04 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

I thank god every day that I am not in too dire financial straits to pay for all of this (these costs can run into thousands...) How on earth do people cope?
Just terrible....

Originally Posted by Rete
Also remember that the biometric fee of $80 is not solely for security checks but is used also for the manufacture of your green card itself. In that respect one must realize that there is usually a change in appearance, i.e. different hair style, color, weight loss or gain. Thus, the biometrics which includes the photo will show you as you currently as.