Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751......6 weeks and still waiting.

I-751......6 weeks and still waiting.

Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all
Wink I-751......6 weeks and still waiting.

Hi Everyone,

After receiving my Conditional Permanent Residency in April 2005 I have been "resting" before the next stage of this wonderful process.

And as unusual I didn't quite get off to the start I would have liked. You could say I've been left at the post.

I posted my I-751 application on 9th February to the Vermont Service Center and they received it 12th February. I have been waiting and waiting. Our cheque has not been cashed and I haven't received any notice.

I decided today to bite the bullet and call the infamous 1 800 number. After navigating through even more options than 2 years ago I did finally get to speak to a real live person. First of all he said this is unusual and then he kinda contradicted himself and said it's early yet and just to keep checking with my bank. He then said when the cheque is cashed to request a copy of it and get the application reference number from it and to call them back! I did keep going with him and asked him what to do if the check isn't cashed and I never got a straight answer on that one so I gave up (for today).

I am concerned because money orders and cheques do tend to get cashed fairly quickly.

I would appreciate any thoughts from anybody on my next move.

As a footnote.....Just to add a bit of confusion. I am one of these "lucky" people who were given a 10 year Green Card instead of the 2 year one I should have received.

I hope everyone is well and I wish everyone smooth and swift processing. If only................

Take care

Sue
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:02 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751......6 weeks and still waiting.

Originally Posted by Suess View Post
Hi Everyone,

After receiving my Conditional Permanent Residency in April 2005 I have been "resting" before the next stage of this wonderful process.

And as unusual I didn't quite get off to the start I would have liked. You could say I've been left at the post.

I posted my I-751 application on 9th February to the Vermont Service Center and they received it 12th February. I have been waiting and waiting. Our cheque has not been cashed and I haven't received any notice.

I decided today to bite the bullet and call the infamous 1 800 number. After navigating through even more options than 2 years ago I did finally get to speak to a real live person. First of all he said this is unusual and then he kinda contradicted himself and said it's early yet and just to keep checking with my bank. He then said when the cheque is cashed to request a copy of it and get the application reference number from it and to call them back! I did keep going with him and asked him what to do if the check isn't cashed and I never got a straight answer on that one so I gave up (for today).

I am concerned because money orders and cheques do tend to get cashed fairly quickly.

I would appreciate any thoughts from anybody on my next move.

As a footnote.....Just to add a bit of confusion. I am one of these "lucky" people who were given a 10 year Green Card instead of the 2 year one I should have received.

I hope everyone is well and I wish everyone smooth and swift processing. If only................

Take care

Sue
Infopass?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Suess View Post
this wonderful process.
You must be kidding.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

I'd make an Infopass appointment if I were you. Our check was cashed two days after it arrived at VSC. Just because they then screwed up our case by entering our address wrong - at least they had the money - they do have priorities - so it appears very strange that they didn't cash your check. Did you send your file via FedEx so that you could track it?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks, I think we will have to go for infopass. It's all very strange. They usually want your money.

I sent it by USPS and had it tracked by them. It was signed for on February 12 at 2 50 PM.

And yes I was kidding about this wonderful process.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sue