Wikiposts

I-751 (2007 Only)

Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 (2007 Only)

Originally Posted by AZ_751
Only not so good thing is that we still have different last names.
This is not, and never has been, an issue.

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This is not, and never has been, an issue.

Ian
I agree. This is not an issue.

Rene
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Cordiner84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was very lucky. Applied to remove conditions (I-751).
- Filed I-751 9th of April
- Check cashed 4th of May
- Biometrics done 30th of May
- Residency extended by a year 14th of June
- I-751 approved without interview July 1st.

So I am quite happy with my USCIS experience, I won't bother them now until I have to file my N-400.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

AZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cordiner84

So I am quite happy with my USCIS experience, I won't bother them now until I have to file my N-400.
Congratulations!
Did you apply at CSC?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Cordiner84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AZ_751
Congratulations!
Did you apply at CSC?
Yes I did, and thanks!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

joannanj is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is my timeline:
January 30, 2007- I-751 sent to Vermont
February 2- check cashed
waited forever for NOA till in May i called them and asked about it, so week after i got my NOA. Well they said they sent it to me and it is true cuz the officer on the phone gave me the receipt number which surprise! worked online, so i checked and it said they sent me NOA on February 8.
Now is July and still nothing, no biometrics done, no fingerprints.
I am gonna call them this Monday
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Oh GOD u r so lucky. Congrats! U gave me a hope

Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Congratulations!

The speed with which your case was approved seems to indicate that you might have filed jointly. Is that the case?

My case chugged along at a pretty good pace till I got the biometrics done, after which it has kind of slowed down (predictably). I filed with a divorce waiver.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Here is my timeline:

July 17, 2006 Mailed I-751 Packet to VSC
July 31, 2006 Received an NOA extending the status for 1 more year
September 18, 2006 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
October 4, 2006 Biometrics completed
November 8, 2006 Application approved
November 15, 2006 10 year Green Card received

We filed a joint petition. Also, we have different last names.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
April 24th - I-751 filed (CSC)
April 26th - I-751 delivered
May 23rd - Received 1 yr extension letter
May 24th - Received biometrics letter
June 5th - Biometrics done.

This is an I-751 filed under a divorce waiver. Its not been filed jointly.

Now
Hello my dear - I am ESPECIALLY interested in the outcome of your case as I too am divorced and dreading the 'eye of suspicion'....best of luck to you and PLEASE udate us with info as soon as your get it!!!
God bless. Louise.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:04 am
Just Joined

It doesnt matter whether you filed jointly or not. I filed I-751 jointly too, i sent to VSC the form on January 30 this year and even for NOA i had to call them, finally i got it in May. No biometrics done so far, no fingerprints. I called them today again and asked whether they sent me any appointment notice for fingerprints (i thought maybe it got lost in mail), but woman obviously didnt know anything and advised me to set infopass appointment. I did it today, for July 17. Will see what they say about it. I sent them really good proofs that our marriage is real and happy, but apparently it doesnt help in anything, obviously not in speeding up the whole process. We are having problems with my husband recently, my husband even mentioned about divorce, but i dont want to do it till the whole INS issue is completed.

Congratulations!

The speed with which your case was approved seems to indicate that you might have filed jointly. Is that the case?

My case chugged along at a pretty good pace till I got the biometrics done, after which it has kind of slowed down (predictably). I filed with a divorce waiver.

Last edited by joannanj; Jul 9th 2007 at 7:09 am.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joannanj
It doesnt matter whether you filed jointly or not. I filed I-751 jointly too, i sent to VSC the form on January 30 this year and even for NOA i had to call them, finally i got it in May. No biometrics done so far, no fingerprints. I called them today again and asked whether they sent me any appointment notice for fingerprints (i thought maybe it got lost in mail), but woman obviously didnt know anything and advised me to set infopass appointment. I did it today, for July 17. Will see what they say about it. I sent them really good proofs that our marriage is real and happy, but apparently it doesnt help in anything, obviously not in speeding up the whole process. We are having problems with my husband recently, my husband even mentioned about divorce, but i dont want to do it till the whole INS issue is completed.
I think it DOES matter - you even say that yourself as you mention "Dont want to get divorced until the whole INS issue is completed".

I think a divroce immediately 'red flags' an application...now as far as TIMELINES are concerned, I agree that it doesnt matter whether you file singularly or jointly....but as far as gettign called for an INTERVIEW, well, I think a waiver makes a lot of difference.
Thats why for me, I am particuarly interested in those who have filed the I-751 by themselves.
Best, Louise
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joannanj
When making a comparison in the processing speed for two 751 applications - one filed jointly and the other with a waiver - I tend to consider the same service center. In my case, it would be the CSC. I know of another poster (any guesses?)who filed jointly just a week ahead of me, and everything, right from receiving the NOA to the biometrics was exactly a week apart - almost. But that poster (still guessing?) got approved last month and as far as I am concerned, there is no still indication of any adjudication.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lulu204
I think a divroce immediately 'red flags' an application...now as far as TIMELINES are concerned, I agree that it doesnt matter whether you file singularly or jointly....but as far as gettign called for an INTERVIEW, well, I think a waiver makes a lot of difference.
Thats why for me, I am particuarly interested in those who have filed the I-751 by themselves.
I am a little uncertain on whether a 751 with a divorce waiver makes a difference in the adjudication or not. My guess is that it probably does. Having said that, I am not so sure whether it "red flags" an application. I don't think it raises any flags.

I think it would ultimately boil down to how much evidence you have attached and how much of that is solid? If a lot of it is, then you might get approved pretty quickly, just like someone else who filed jointly.

But the part that confuses me the most is that if I file with a waiver, then where the hell does my file disappear, especially if hypothetically speaking, there were, lets say, 5 applications "above" my file which were filed jointly. If the AO has any doubts, why did he not look at my file and issue an interview letter? If those hypothetical applicants got approval letters pretty much one after the other, then why was that not followed by an interview letter for me? What did the AO do? Did he just push my file down to the bottom of the list, while he kept looking for more I-751s filed jointly?

I think about that a lot. Oh well...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

I am a little uncertain on whether a 751 with a divorce waiver makes a difference in the adjudication or not. My guess is that it probably does. Having said that, I am not so sure whether it "red flags" an application. I don't think it raises any flags.

I think it would ultimately boil down to how much evidence you have attached and how much of that is solid? If a lot of it is, then you might get approved pretty quickly, just like someone else who filed jointly.

But the part that confuses me the most is that if I file with a waiver, then where the hell does my file disappear, especially if hypothetically speaking, there were, lets say, 5 applications "above" my file which were filed jointly. If the AO has any doubts, why did he not look at my file and issue an interview letter? If those hypothetical applicants got approval letters pretty much one after the other, then why was that not followed by an interview letter for me? What did the AO do? Did he just push my file down to the bottom of the list, while he kept looking for more I-751s filed jointly?

I think about that a lot. Oh well...
Hey Wildest Kabs...

Well, who knows how the hell they figure it all out....all i know is that I have spent thousands on this whole process (and dont' even get me started on divorce costs too!) and I've jsut found out also that the filing fees are going up for the I-751 so now have to move at lightening speed to get it all in by 30th July...argh - there's no end to this.

Anyway - I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself cos this is just how it is and I'm grateful to be here allowed to still stay here....

I think as far as timelines are concerned, I ASSUME that applications are processed in the order they come in as oppose to having one pile of jointly-filed and another pile of filed-with-a-waiver and goign through them separately...I also assumed that divorces would be immediately red-flagged and put into a pile of their own because well, I guess that's what I would do if I was in charge - hehehe!!! But truth be told I;ve no idea what happens at these offices...I am glad that I'm filing at CSC as they seem to be a little less tied-down than some of the other service centers (correct me if I;m wrong)....what did you send with your app. exactly? did you remember all your joint tax returns? I have four years worth of joint returns along with suitcases of other stuff - I want to submit it all but obviosuly cant' - will jsut pick the most relevent 'joint' stuff and hopefully that will work. PLEASE let me knwo the second you hear anything!!
Best, Louise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.