Wikiposts

I-693 for AOS from K-1

Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:07 am
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-693 for AOS from K-1

We are currently putting things together for AOS and I was reading the instructions for I-693, which is the Report of Medical Exam and Vaccination record. It states...

'You are NOT required to submit Form I-693 at the time you file your adjustment application, but may do so if you
wish. Because of the time-limited validity of Form I-693, you may choose to submit your Form I-693 after you file
your Form I-485. You may also submit Form I-693 in person at an interview in a USCIS field office, if an interview is
required. By waiting to submit Form I-693, you may avoid having to repeat the immigration medical examination.'

Surely filing sooner with the I-485 would seem the more logical thing to do, but it may deem you likely to have another medical if you send it in earlier, it just seems strange? Especially after I had the medical and vaccinations needed prior in the UK.

Last edited by Trilo; Dec 20th 2018 at 9:19 am.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 for AOS from K-1

Remember the I-485 is used for both filers who came with a K-1 and those who are here and are filing an I-130 along with the I-485. The I-130 require the full medical; not the K-1 filers. The K-1 has had their medical already and it is good now for 2 full years. You will be required to have the vaccination supplement updated if you have not had all of your shots. In years past, you needed it to have a USCIS appointed physician sign off on the supplement regardless. Today, I read that many here have not done so and have been fine as long as they haven't needed any further vaccinations.
Old Dec 26th 2018, 6:02 am
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

I take it that its best to having my vaccination supplement verified by a civil surgeon as close to the date of sending the AOS application off? Or does this not matter?
Old Dec 26th 2018, 6:49 am
Ongoing K1 Visa

Default I-693 help, Civil Surgeon rules change?

Hi folks,

I am currently doing my AOS on a K1 Visa and need to get my I-693 done. I had the medical done in the UK complete with vaccinations less than a year ago, as far as I was aware, I would not need another physical exam as my UK one is valid for a year and that I would just need to show my vaccination report at a designated doctors when I got here and get it signed off as all OK. All the Civil Surgeons I have contacted have all said I would need to have all the tests done to get the I-693 signed off. This cannot be correct surely because why would you have the medical done in the UK beforehand?

As far as I am aware just Parts 1 and 3 complete with the vaccination part on the I-693 need to be filled out? I finally found one Doctor listed as a Civil Surgeon on the USCIS website that said they can do it but they do not use the I-693 form. Confused here as I thought the I-693 form had to be submitted as part of AOS.

Last edited by Trilo; Dec 26th 2018 at 8:07 am.
Old Dec 26th 2018, 8:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-693 help, Civil Surgeon rules change?

Many moons ago you just needed the vaccinations signed off, now you do not and I did not think you have had to do anything for a very long time, read the form. Assuming of course it is still valid, 12 months from memory.
Old Dec 26th 2018, 10:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trilo
I take it that its best to having my vaccination supplement verified by a civil surgeon as close to the date of sending the AOS application off? Or does this not matter?
I doubt that it matters much. I assume you're filing for AOS soon, so get it done anytime prior to sending off the AOS so you can include it.

Rene
Old Dec 26th 2018, 4:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 help, Civil Surgeon rules change?

Originally Posted by Boiler
Many moons ago you just needed the vaccinations signed off, now you do not and I did not think you have had to do anything for a very long time, read the form. Assuming of course it is still valid, 12 months from memory.
It is currently 2 years .... changed in November, 2018. There was never any change to the vaccination supplement, particularly if you need vaccinations, especially the flu shot.