Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-551 is a pain in the A***

I-551 is a pain in the A***

Old Apr 17th 2022, 9:21 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-551 is a pain in the A***

Originally Posted by newacct
I think the confusion is that when the OP said "I-551", they probably meant I-551 stamp. But it is not commonly known that a green card is an I-551 (and in fact, a green card is the more common and "regular" type of I-551). So the title should really be that the temporary types of I-551 are more of a pain in the butt than the regular type of I-551.
Other that it says I-551 on the back top left corner..

but your right, despite a spell where it was not green, it is called a green card because at times it has had a green color. It says Permanent Resident” on the front but most people don’t call it that either.