Wikiposts

I 485 Part 2 Question

Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

donnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura about
Default I 485 Part 2 Question

We're reviewing our forms and we're confused as to which box to check on the I 485 Form - Part 2.

We are adjusting my husband's status. We are either A or B but are just not quite sure.

I'm an American citizen, he's UK living here on a tourist visa.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Donna
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I 485 Part 2 Question

Originally Posted by donnabryan
I'm an American citizen, he's UK living here on a tourist visa.
One cannot live in the USA on a tourist visa.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.
If you think about what other petition you are also filing along with the I-485 in order to adjust his status, the answer will become clear.

Read both A and B again carefully, and keep in mind that you are a USC.

I'm giving you hints.

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not quite sure either, since it's been a while since I've looked at an I-485 and don't recall what A and B are. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific with your question?

I do agree with Rene that you are mis-characterizing your husband's status here in the USA!

Regards, JEff

We are either A or B but are just not quite sure.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

donnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura about

As we looked again through our bleary eyes - we came up with A. Hope that works for us.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As we looked again through our bleary eyes - we came up with A. Hope that works for us.
Excellent choice.

Hopefully you are filing a complete AOS package.

Rene
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

All right you guys - I didn't say he was residing here in the US permanently while on a Tourist Visa. He is a living person whose livingness is currently taking place in the US with his wife and child. Any better?

We know to be careful with our language once we get an interview.

Yes - we are filing a complete package for the AOS. I'll ask for help to make sure in the next couple of days once it's assembled.

Thanks for looking out for us inexperienced peeps!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:39 am

All right you guys - I didn't say he was residing here in the US permanently while on a Tourist Visa. He is a living person whose livingness is currently taking place in the US with his wife and child. Any better?
Not really. The correct thing to say is "he's visiting his wife and child in the USA".

Leave the words "living" and "residing" completely out of it.

Rene
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... and the key to being careful during the interview is to always be careful - y'know, so using the correct words becomes a habit!

Ian
Old Oct 29th 2011, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Carnegie Hall here we come!
Old Oct 31st 2011, 3:23 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No. He is visiting with his wife and child, who live in the USA.
"We" should start practicing careful language now, before we get to an interview. Habits are hard to break, and in the interview one may find themselves thinking "Ooops" after the wrong words come pouring out of their mouth.
Regards, JEff