I 485 and I864 & Co sponsor

Wikiposts

I 485 and I864 & Co sponsor

Old Mar 5th 2003, 1:03 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I 485 and I864 & Co sponsor

Hi Guys ...

Ok.. as I understood it, when we file for the AOS, because we will need a co-sponsor for the I864 we have to get the co-sponsors tax returns for the last 3 years too ..

Our Co-sponsor is my now, mother in law .. does she fill out an I864 or an I864A..
Does she need to provide her full tax returns now or can she supply her with her 1099s (W2 equivalents as she is a realtor working as an agent for the main company)

What do we need to send together with our 485/864 from the co-sponsor..

Thanks all..

Pete
Old Mar 5th 2003, 1:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I 485 and I864 & Co sponsor

Originally posted by Pete F
Hi Guys ...

Ok.. as I understood it, when we file for the AOS, because we will need a co-sponsor for the I864 we have to get the co-sponsors tax returns for the last 3 years too ..

Our Co-sponsor is my now, mother in law .. does she fill out an I864 or an I864A..
Does she need to provide her full tax returns now or can she supply her with her 1099s (W2 equivalents as she is a realtor working as an agent for the main company)

What do we need to send together with our 485/864 from the co-sponsor..

Thanks all..

Pete
Pete, IF you need a co-sponsor, she will complete an I-864 of her own (your wife will also). Your MIL's form must be as complete as a sponsor's. The difference is the box she checks on the first page. Since 1099s or W2s don't show one's complete income situation, I recommend tax transcripts which are fast, free and tidy.
The I-864A would be if you are including your income (if you & wife have shared a household for 6+ months) OR if MILs income is mixed with someone else and they want to participate. Take a look through the form and it might become more clear, even though it's the worst form ever written.
For a complete list of forms to submit, I suggest the FAQ or DocSteen sites, which I'm sure you have bookmarked