Reload this Page >

I-485 Filing Requirements, Forms & Supporting Evidence Clarifiation

I-485 Filing Requirements, Forms & Supporting Evidence Clarifiation

Old Dec 12th 2018, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sister Luck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-485 Filing Requirements, Forms & Supporting Evidence Clarifiation

Hi All!

I'm back. But this time I'm helping my boss. As you might recall, I just went through the AOS process with my UKC husband. He was adjusting from E2 to GC. We had our interview in September and his GC was in the mail a week later. So we are all set for awhile. Thanks to you all who helped us through some hurdles.

Now, on to my boss who's just married his Swedish girlfriend after her arrival on a K-1. They've asked for my help since I'm "familiar" with the process. Well, kinda. We hired an attorney for our paperwork, but I think I've got a handle on it.

To file I-485 AOS, I think they will need to complete & submit the following:
1. G-1145 E-Notification Form to let them know package was received
2. I-485 Application
3. G-325A Biographic Info Form (for both Petitioner & Beneficiary)
4. I-765 Application (Employment EAD) - she does want to go to work ASAP
5. I-131 Application (Travel Document) - this is crucial
6. I-693 Report (Medical Exam) - we believe we can leave this out as this was completed in Stockholm for the K-1
7. I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (we are confused on this one. My hubs and I filed it. I think it's necessary. Boss doesn't....Anyone want to chime in on that????
8. I-864 Affidavit for Support (does this suffice and the I-130 is not necessary??)

Supporting Evidence:
1. I-797 Notice of K-1 Approval
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Passport page copies & new 2 new passport photos
4. Beneficiary birth certificate, prior divorce decree
5. Petitioner tax record & Employment verification letter
6. Payment of $1140, and $85 Biometrics fee (if necessary)

Our BIGGEST confusion is the I-130. Is it necessary? Will the I-130A also need to be filed if so?

Thanks to all who read this and a big hug to anyone who might be able to help on the questionable parts.

Cheers!
Old Dec 12th 2018, 6:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 Filing Requirements, Forms & Supporting Evidence Clarifiation

G-325A is obsolete. I-130A took its place, but for a K-1 visa holder, I-130 is NOT required.

She doesn't need a full medical, but she either needs to provide a copy of her vaccinations or have a US Civil Surgeon sign off that she's had them.

All info is on www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2018, 9:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 Filing Requirements, Forms & Supporting Evidence Clarifiation

Also beneficial to tell your boss or his Swedish wife, to set up an account here and ask their own questions. Always better for them to not to have to rely on second hand information.

Work asap? How does 90 to 120 days from date of biometrics sound? She could be without work for up to six months plus whatever time it takes for them to marry, get the certified marriage certificate, complete the paperwork and file. It might take just that long for her to be able to leave the country and return without abandoning her pending AOS status. The I-765 (EAD) and the I-131 (Advance Parole) normally comes on one card.

You listed form numbers but no where have you mentioned what the process entails, timelines, etc.

And yes, Biometrics are required.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 12th 2018 at 9:16 pm.