Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-260 Addresses since 16 Years Old

I-260 Addresses since 16 Years Old

Old Jun 19th 2017, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Aberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of light
Default I-260 Addresses since 16 Years Old

Ok, How do they expect someone to remember the moving in month of houses you have lived at since you were 16 years old. I have to put month/year of houses since 1984. My memory isn`t that great for crying out loud
Has anyone got advice on this subject and if they are stringent on these timelines
Also do I have to provide a Police Certificate from the US for my time there?

Last edited by Aberdeenokie; Jun 19th 2017 at 2:18 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 2:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-260 Addresses since 16 Years Old

I-260?

Just list the cities, countries and dates to the best of your recollection.

You need a police certificate from any country you lived in for more than 1 year, over the age of 16.

Rene
Old Jun 19th 2017, 4:33 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

As the instructions state, you do NOT need a US police certificate if you've lived in the USA. But you do for every other country (with a few exceptions - Pakistan being one, for example). Check the NVC reciprocity page for information on each country and how police certificates are obtained and whether they are required.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 5:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You can guesstimate the time at each address. I did this, as did my foreign born husband, we had no problem at all. As for a police certificate from the US, no you do not need one. The US Consulate will run a security check on you through the Homeland Security. Believe this is noted on the reciprotory page.

Not being a smart arse here, but you have immigrated to the US once before. What did you do then? And do you still have the paperwork to work from?
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If you chart out the dates and memories you do have cities jobs, homes family events (births, deaths, marriages) and relationships, and how long you spent in different homes/cities/jobs, etc. you will find that much of your personal history will fall into place, at least close enough for the purposes of your visa application.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

Fill out everything to your best ability and knowledge. That's all anyone can do. Husband's history has employers that are no longer in business, jobs he did for 1 month, addresses for 3 months, etc. At the end of the day, only the applicant knows their own personal history.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 7:06 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have anyone in the family like my mother, they have had the same address book since 1973 with every address that every family number has lived at since then.