Wikiposts

I-134 questions

Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice
Default I-134 questions

Ok so I've got my K1 visa interview on 5 Jan and thought i was all ready (stupid to think that) but seems i'm not! Have a few q's re the I-134 info needed and can't find it in other threads.

I've got the I-134 itself all signed by my fiance, he's also given me a payslip and a letter from the Navy confirming his employment and rank.

My questions are:-

1. Do i need 'a letter from him stating is aware of his responsibilities under the Social Security Act and the Food Stamp act that the affidavit will be binding upon the sponsor for three years after entry of the named persons and tha tthe affidavit and supporting documentation may be made available to a public assistance ageceny and if so does anyone know where i can get a template?

2. do i need a statement from him re his citizenship even though he was born there?

3. do i need his tax return(s) and if so which one(s) as he can't find them

thanks a lot for any help, this forum is a lifesaver!

Last edited by NicciT; Dec 9th 2009 at 2:50 am.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 questions

Originally Posted by NicciT
1. Do i need 'a letter from him stating is aware of his responsibilities under the Social Security Act and the Food Stamp act that the affidavit will be binding upon the sponsor for three years after entry of the named persons and tha tthe affidavit and supporting documentation may be made available to a public assistance ageceny and if so does anyone know where i can get a template?
No, you don't need this.

2. do i need a statement from him re his citizenship even though he was born there?
Yes, either a copy of his birth certificate or US passport.

3. do i need his tax return(s) and if so which one(s) as he can't find them
Yes, typically the most recent 3 years worth. If he's making photocopies of the actual tax return, he'll need to include W-2's (or whatever he receives from the Navy showing end-of-year income). Or, he can call IRS and get official tax transcripts, in which case he doesn't need to include his own W-2's. If he can't find his tax return copies, he can either get a copy from whoever prepared them for him (if he had an agency or CPA do it), or he can call IRS and get the tax transcripts. They are free, and take about a week to receive.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice

thanks so much for the info. I have a copy of his birth cert so i'm covered there and he's going to apply for his last 3 transcripts from the IRS but it says these can take up to 30 business days to arrive. am i correct in thinking they won't deny my visa based on this if i don't have the transcripts on the day of the interview, that they'll just request this information be sent on to them?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks so much for the info. I have a copy of his birth cert so i'm covered there and he's going to apply for his last 3 transcripts from the IRS but it says these can take up to 30 business days to arrive. am i correct in thinking they won't deny my visa based on this if i don't have the transcripts on the day of the interview, that they'll just request this information be sent on to them?
But you said he only filed 1 year of tax returns recently, because he didn't qualify for the previous 2 years?

Either way, it does not take 30 days. If he chooses to have tax transcripts mailed to him, it takes about a week or 10 days.

No, your visa won't be denied for this. If they really need the tax information, they will let you know, and you'll send it to them when you get it.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, hopefully he'll have it when he gets back from seeing me over christmas as he comes to me on tuesday so not enough time, but he def filed the last three - i think the lady in the other thread said her fiance didn't qualify prior to the last one as he was a cancer survivor(?).

I'll keep on at him today to mail the request and hopefully they'll get it monday and it will be at his house by 30 dec or at least before 5 jan.

it's good to know they wouldn't outright deny the visa though, i just can't believe i missed the whole tax return thing. Fiance was convinced as he was in the Navy i wouldn't need it.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 4:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Fiance was convinced as he was in the Navy i wouldn't need it.
And he might be right. We often advocate the most conservative path.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

yes - good idea, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it! You guys on here are complete lifesavers, i'd be in major trouble without all of you!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:57 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

9 FAM 40.41 Procedural Notes, PN5, seems to say a statement from the sponsor is aware of their responsibilities as a sponsor is required.

DS-2000 tells us specifically that such a statement is required if the sponsor submits an affidavit of support other than CIS form I-134.

Items 5 and 6 of I-134, which is signed by the sponsor, may be considered to satisfy the requirement of 9 FAM 40.41 PN5 when I-134 is used, which is virtually always. I've never heard of anyone creating their own alternative affidavit of support as outlined in DS-2000.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No, you don't need this.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

ok great thanks, i thought this might be the case as the I-134 actually has a sentance on it saying i understand etc. where they sign. He's requested his transcripts and they've told him 15 days so we may not have them before the interview but fingers crossed. if not then i can always send them on if they need them.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Either way, it does not take 30 days. If he chooses to have tax transcripts mailed to him, it takes about a week or 10 days.
Sorry, but, while it probably won't take more than a week or so, it can take 30 days (or more ).

I requested transcripts from the IRS around the end of November last year and finally got them in mid January.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:12 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

md,

Not the best time of year to get fast action from any entity - public or private.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by md95065
I requested transcripts from the IRS around the end of November last year and finally got them in mid January.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

Thanks, hopefully he'll have it when he gets back from seeing me over christmas as he comes to me on tuesday so not enough time, but he def filed the last three - i think the lady in the other thread said her fiance didn't qualify prior to the last one as he was a cancer survivor(?).

I'll keep on at him today to mail the request and hopefully they'll get it monday and it will be at his house by 30 dec or at least before 5 jan.

it's good to know they wouldn't outright deny the visa though, i just can't believe i missed the whole tax return thing. Fiance was convinced as he was in the Navy i wouldn't need it.
Hi Niccit.....my fiance got his 3 years tax returns...i asked him to dig them up on the boxes...but the only problem is he wasnt earning that much compared to the present year 2009 ...thats why im asking if it is really needed to have 3 years...which is really needed as everbody answered.

Just like you I thought i was prepared for this Evidence of Support...its a single requirement but as you go through it its another list which all comes from your fiance...

Goodluck
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Good luck to you as well - its a nightmare as Will HATES paperwork and i even did all the intial paperwork for him over there as he gets so stressed out with his dyslexia so it was good that i was over there to help get it started!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Will just got his transcripts so i'm now eagerly awaiting them in the post - have asked him to send thru DHL so i might have a chance of getting them before the visa interview on jan 5th!

I've seen many people mention Goulds pharmacy near to the embassy where they will hold phones etc, does anyone know how much they charge for this?

thanks guys xx

Last edited by NicciT; Dec 28th 2009 at 11:14 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen many people mention Goulds pharmacy near to the embassy where they will hold phones etc, does anyone know how much they charge for this?

thanks guys xx
I think someone said recently that they paid £5.00 to leave their mobile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.