Wikiposts

I-134 question.

Old Jun 14th 2002, 5:20 am
Johnpunkinbutt

Default I-134 question.

Quick quesiton here.

My Fiancee's parents are going to sponsor me for my K1 visa. They have filled out one
I-134 document, and I am understanding that it will be her father that will sponsor
me alone as he makes a pretty good buck in his line of work.

To back up this I-134, he will be getting a statement from the bank with the required
information, and he will also have a statement from his employer, with the
information needed.

Is this enough? I've been hearing about people seeking tax returns for the past 3
years, but it doesnt mention anything like this on the I-134. What am I missing?

Oh, I will be living in their household for at least the first 4-5 month of me being
there, so I am guessing that this would make him valid to sponsor me?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

John

Old Jun 15th 2002, 2:20 pm
Steve Millward

Default Re: I-134 question.

You do need the last 3 years tax returns, for any sponsor. Make copies too, you'll
need them. It doesn't really matter if you live in the same residence or not, unless
it was your fiance sponsoring you of course!! A bit of advice for you, dealing with
the INS can be worrying. A rule of thumb is always bring more documentation than they
say to bring. BE PREPARED AT ALL TIMES!