Wikiposts

I-134 question

Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

GRF58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 question

Just a question: we have been notified to gather all documents and the visa unit will schedule an interview. Do we bring the I-134 to the interview? Thanks.

I'm sorry! I meant the I-864!!

Last edited by GRF58; Apr 24th 2009 at 1:19 am. Reason: Wrong form number!!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:41 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 question

Originally Posted by GRF58
Just a question: we have been notified to gather all documents and the visa unit will schedule an interview. Do we bring the I-134 to the interview? Thanks.

I'm sorry! I meant the I-864!!
I guess it depends on which visa you are applying for. Some require the I-134, some the I-864. Then it depends on where you petitioned...

Yes, the affidavit of support (either) goes to the interview. If you are using NVC processing, the I-864 goes to them. If you don't know what NVC processing is, it doesn't apply to you.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, this is the immigrant visa for my British wife. I'm an American citizen and we filed in London.

Ah, I just found this:

"If you are a U.S. citizen and your foreign national spouse is currently inside the borders of the United States"

Well, that doesn't apply as we are both here in England. So I guess I jumped the gun and this form doesn't apply. Is this true? Thanks.

Last edited by GRF58; Apr 24th 2009 at 5:02 am. Reason: update
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, this is the immigrant visa for my British wife. I'm an American citizen and we filed in London.

Ah, I just found this:

"If you are a U.S. citizen and your foreign national spouse is currently inside the borders of the United States"

Well, that doesn't apply as we are both here in England. So I guess I jumped the gun and this form doesn't apply. Is this true? Thanks.
Uh... not a chance, bud.

Please read the first link in my signature (you'd better get started on the 2nd one too, to learn about the visa application). It will explain how it is that you can complete one, and 'be' inside the US.

The I-864 is a crucial part of the IV application. As you've been living abroad, make sure first that you're caught up on your US income tax returns.
Other ideas regarding 'domicile' are at the bottom of the first article.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

I see our UK earned income doesn't count. We had wondered about that. They will go by our savings which should be enough, if not, then we remain here in England. Although it wouldn't be the end of the world for me my wife would be devastated as she really wants to leave England. Fun times ahead.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:09 am

I see our UK earned income doesn't count. We had wondered about that. They will go by our savings which should be enough, if not, then we remain here in England. Although it wouldn't be the end of the world for me my wife would be devastated as she really wants to leave England. Fun times ahead.
Ah, it's not all that bad.

Evidence of the employment you've had in the UK can be helpful even if the actual income isn't used on the I-864.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Another option is to use a Joint Sponsor, if your income and/or assets don't qualify. Any USC or US PR, age 18 or over, living in the USA, can be a Joint Sponsor.

Rene