Reload this Page >

I-134 letter from bank question

Wikiposts

I-134 letter from bank question

Old Oct 24th 2003, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default I-134 letter from bank question

This may seem like a silly question but I want everything to be right...I went to my bank and requested the letter with my account information. I gave them a copy of the I-134 instructions and I told the woman that I needed it in duplicate...they only sent one copy! Do I need to request another copy or can I just make a photocopy of the one I have? I'm just not sure if since they have one original a copy will be acceptable or if they need two originals. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
MarDae
Old Oct 24th 2003, 2:00 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 letter from bank question

Originally posted by MarDae
This may seem like a silly question but I want everything to be right...I went to my bank and requested the letter with my account information. I gave them a copy of the I-134 instructions and I told the woman that I needed it in duplicate...they only sent one copy! Do I need to request another copy or can I just make a photocopy of the one I have? I'm just not sure if since they have one original a copy will be acceptable or if they need two originals. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
MarDae

Have you heard of copy machines? You don't need a bank letter unless you are relying on your assets to show the means to sponsor your fiancee. And the form only requires one original.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
Have you heard of copy machines? You don't need a bank letter unless you are relying on your assets to show the means to sponsor your fiancee. And the form only requires one original.
Yes I have, that's why I asked if I could just make a photocopy. I guess you've answered my question but I didn't realize that the letter was optional, I have a bank account therefore this piece of evidence would be appropriate. I've seen letters come back from the then INS where you could tell someone wet and smudged a signature to see if it was an original so I didn't want to take any chances. Thank you for answering my question but like I said in my post I just want to make sure that I have everything right. Confirmation on even the smallest things might mean the difference between success and failure. This might not be a case where that applies but why take the chance. Like everyone else, I just want to get my fiance here asap without any major set backs.

MarDae
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:25 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MarDae,

Don't feel bad. Something that is a complete mystery to you is perfectly obvious to someone who's seen it a million times. I got my knuckles rapped once because I was asking where to find a form on the BCIS website. The form started with DS. Duh ......... Department of State, which was not so subtly pointed out to me. Up until that point I didn't even know the Department of State had anything to do with whole process, so why would I be looking at their website? Obvious to them, a mystery to me. LOL

Leslie

Yes I have, that's why I asked if I could just make a photocopy. I guess you've answered my question but I didn't realize that the letter was optional, I have a bank account therefore this piece of evidence would be appropriate. I've seen letters come back from the then INS where you could tell someone wet and smudged a signature to see if it was an original so I didn't want to take any chances. Thank you for answering my question but like I said in my post I just want to make sure that I have everything right. Confirmation on even the smallest things might mean the difference between success and failure. This might not be a case where that applies but why take the chance. Like everyone else, I just want to get my fiance here asap without any major set backs.

MarDae
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

MarDae
Hi MarDae

I'm glad you posted this question. I also just asked my bank for a letter. I got one original, after much persuading on my part...they originally said they don't give out such letters! I didn't realize this was optional either, but like you said, I'd rather have it than not.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:42 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to make sure that I have everything right. Confirmation on even the smallest things might mean the difference between success and failure.
A very wise approach. When preparing my submissions, I do what I can to reduce the odds of any potential problem turning into an actual problem in a client’s case.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi MarDae,

Don't feel bad. Something that is a complete mystery to you is perfectly obvious to someone who's seen it a million times. I got my knuckles rapped once because I was asking where to find a form on the BCIS website. The form started with DS. Duh ......... Department of State, which was not so subtly pointed out to me. Up until that point I didn't even know the Department of State had anything to do with whole process, so why would I be looking at their website? Obvious to them, a mystery to me. LOL

Leslie
Hi Leslie!

Same here! There were so many things I didn't know, including the DOS participation in the whole thing! I clearly recall the first time I looked in this NG (hard to believe that was only 7 months ago!) and saw the multitude of unknown acronyms, and everyone seemed so clear on what was happening and what the process was, while I had only a vague idea....

By the way, I love the new addition to your picture rotation!! :-)

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:24 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Aaawww. Thanks Rene. I just love to see his face.

Leslie

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Leslie!

Same here! There were so many things I didn't know, including the DOS participation in the whole thing! I clearly recall the first time I looked in this NG (hard to believe that was only 7 months ago!) and saw the multitude of unknown acronyms, and everyone seemed so clear on what was happening and what the process was, while I had only a vague idea....

By the way, I love the new addition to your picture rotation!! :-)

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:33 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Aaawww. Thanks Rene. I just love to see his face.

Leslie
I was gonna tell you about the pic rotation 3 days ago when I first saw you changed the pics but I am so forgetful!!.
You guys look really nice Leslie, what a lovely couple!!
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:52 am
WTF?

Thanks Hyper!!!

I think he is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I was gonna tell you about the pic rotation 3 days ago when I first saw you changed the pics but I am so forgetful!!.
You guys look really nice Leslie, what a lovely couple!!
Old Oct 24th 2003, 9:06 am

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

As per the instructions in the I-134 application, it does state that the "Job Letter" and the "Bank Letter" be in Duplicate.

Whether or not these documents are optional, that is to be determined by the Embassy you are dealing with. I would rather show up to the interview with the documents than to sit there and make excuses to the Consular Officer as to why you were unable to obtain them.

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi MarDae

I'm glad you posted this question. I also just asked my bank for a letter. I got one original, after much persuading on my part...they originally said they don't give out such letters! I didn't realize this was optional either, but like you said, I'd rather have it than not.

Best Wishes,
Rene