Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-134 or I-864 for I-129F - K3/K4 visa's??

Wikiposts

I-134 or I-864 for I-129F - K3/K4 visa's??

Old Apr 8th 2002, 3:50 pm
Jo

Default I-134 or I-864 for I-129F - K3/K4 visa's??

We're confused.. My husband is almost ready to file the I-129F for our K3 & K4
visa's, which affidavit of support is used? Thanks

Old Apr 8th 2002, 4:54 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: I-134 or I-864 for I-129F - K3/K4 visa's??

I-134. Alvena See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Jo wrote:
    >
    > We're confused.. My husband is almost ready to file the I-129F for our K3 & K4
    > visa's, which affidavit of support is used? Thanks

Old Apr 8th 2002, 4:54 pm
Dabear?

why is he filing an I - 129 for a K3 or K4???? The I-129F is to bring in your Husband
or wife to be, not your husband or wife

Jo wrote:

> We're confused.. My husband is almost ready to file the I-129F for our K3 & K4
    > visa's, which affidavit of support is used? Thanks

Old Apr 8th 2002, 5:51 pm
Jo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far this is the process I have read alot about and
one which our *fired* lawyer has suggested we do. It does say in the instructions for
the I-129F, that if this is being used for a spouse of a USC, omit *fiancee* and
replace with *spouse*. To avoid anymore confusion, we do have a pending I-130 with
receipt of the 1st NOA. Is there anyone else who has done this process? Would you
please clarify for us what affidavit of support is needed for the I-129F, if any? And
are any tax forms or W-2's need to be sent along with the I-129F form? Thank You

Dabear?

http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html Yopu go to that site and go about half way down to where
it talks about the Spouse Visa. The I-129f is for people not married to each other
YET. The I-130 is for a spouse that is a USC to bring in there Spouse that is
residing in another country. Yes you will read about the I-129f lots here, because
the majority of us and not married yet

Jo wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far this is the process I have read alot about and
    > one which our *fired* lawyer has suggested we do. It does say in the instructions
    > for the I-129F, that if this is being used for a spouse of a USC, omit *fiancee*
    > and replace with *spouse*. To avoid anymore confusion, we do have a pending I-130
    > with receipt of the 1st NOA. Is there anyone else who has done this process? Would
    > you please clarify for us what affidavit of support is needed for the I-129F, if
    > any? And are any tax forms or W-2's need to be sent along with the I-129F form?
    > Thank You

Dabear?

If you have gotten the approved I-130 then go ahead with the I-129F. I cannot
understand the reasoning behind this, but mind you we have seen stranger things here

Jo wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far this is the process I have read alot about and
    > one which our *fired* lawyer has suggested we do. It does say in the instructions
    > for the I-129F, that if this is being used for a spouse of a USC, omit *fiancee*
    > and replace with *spouse*. To avoid anymore confusion, we do have a pending I-130
    > with receipt of the 1st NOA. Is there anyone else who has done this process? Would
    > you please clarify for us what affidavit of support is needed for the I-129F, if
    > any? And are any tax forms or W-2's need to be sent along with the I-129F form?
    > Thank You

Old Apr 8th 2002, 6:50 pm
Mrtravel

DA BEAR... A I-129F is for a K-3/4.. It is in the I-129F instructions.

dabear® wrote:
    >
    > why is he filing an I - 129 for a K3 or K4???? The I-129F is to bring in your
    > Husband or wife to be, not your husband or wife
    >
    > Jo wrote:
    >
    > > We're confused.. My husband is almost ready to file the I-129F for our K3 & K4
    > > visa's, which affidavit of support is used? Thanks

Old Apr 8th 2002, 8:50 pm
Mrtravel

DaBear...

You file the I-130. When you get the NOA, you can file the I-129F so your spouse can
get a K-3, which is normally processed faster than the I-130.

If you DON'T know how someone gets a K-3, how do you know they don't file a
I-129F? I would personally guess an I-134, if anything, is needed for the K-3.
But, some consulates (ok, at least one) don't even require them for the K-1 Where
is the spouse?

dabear® wrote:
    >
    > If you have gotten the approved I-130 then go ahead with the I-129F. I cannot
    > understand the reasoning behind this, but mind you we have seen stranger
    > things here
    >
    > Jo wrote:
    >
    > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far this is the process I have read alot about
    > > and one which our *fired* lawyer has suggested we do. It does say in the
    > > instructions for the I-129F, that if this is being used for a spouse of a USC,
    > > omit *fiancee* and replace with *spouse*. To avoid anymore confusion, we do have
    > > a pending I-130 with receipt of the 1st NOA. Is there anyone else who has done
    > > this process? Would you please clarify for us what affidavit of support is needed
    > > for the I-129F, if any? And are any tax forms or W-2's need to be sent along with
    > > the I-129F form? Thank You

Old Apr 8th 2002, 11:50 pm
Alvena Ferreira

You do use the I-134, because the K-3/K-4 is technically a non-immigrant visa. You do
not file an I-864 until one is adjusting status. You do not adjust status on k-3/k-4
until AFTER you enter the US. Until that time, you are non-immigrant visa, and I-134
is used for the k-3/k-4 visa. Alvena See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Jo wrote:
    >
    > Thank You

Old Apr 9th 2002, 1:51 am
Dabear?

No I realise that, it so stupid how they use the Special forms for some many other
things, no wonder that they are so slow at some things

mrtravel wrote:

> DaBear...
    >
    > You file the I-130. When you get the NOA, you can file the I-129F so your spouse
    > can get a K-3, which is normally processed faster than the I-130.
    >
    > If you DON'T know how someone gets a K-3, how do you know they don't file a
    > I-129F? I would personally guess an I-134, if anything, is needed for the K-3.
    > But, some consulates (ok, at least one) don't even require them for the K-1 Where
    > is the spouse?
    >
    > dabear® wrote:
    > >
    > > If you have gotten the approved I-130 then go ahead with the I-129F. I cannot
    > > understand the reasoning behind this, but mind you we have seen stranger
    > > things here
    > >
    > > Jo wrote:
    > >
    > > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far this is the process I have read alot about
    > > > and one which our *fired* lawyer has suggested we do. It does say in the
    > > > instructions for the I-129F, that if this is being used for a spouse of a USC,
    > > > omit *fiancee* and replace with *spouse*. To avoid anymore confusion, we do
    > > > have a pending I-130 with receipt of the 1st NOA. Is there anyone else who has
    > > > done this process? Would you please clarify for us what affidavit of support is
    > > > needed for the I-129F, if any? And are any tax forms or W-2's need to be sent
    > > > along with the I-129F form? Thank You