Reload this Page >

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Wikiposts

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

NickCurtis86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 Affidavit of Support

I wonder if anyone can help. This is relating to the I-134 Affidavit of Support document of the K1 fiancé visa application.

My fiancée is looking to travel to the UK and stay for 2 months (Aug-Oct) whilst the I-129F is being processed and we are expecting to hear the NOA2 this month.

We are looking into the additional documents required after we receive the NOA2 and I have a question around the I-134 Affidavit of Support.

When submitting the I-134 my fiancée will be providing her employer details as she meets the income criteria however, by the time we have our interview she might have a different job. What advice would you suggest if her employer changes between the submission of the I-134 and the interview? We can provide 3 months payslips however, during the interview will they ask for the new employer details?

Many thanks,

Nick
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 1:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 Affidavit of Support

You will be bringing the I-134 to your visa interview, so it will have the most up to date information on it.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

RobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond reputeRobinLinzy has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps when you bring the I-134 to the visa interview, you can bring the payslips from the previous job, as well as an official letter from her new employer detailing her current salary / expected pay / start date? That way they will see that her previous job obviously paid well, and her current job will be continuing along the same (or better) lines. I can't imagine they could have an issue with your fiancée having a new job! Good luck!
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:52 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

The I134 needs to be correct as at your interview date. If she has a new job by then, then this is the job she will include on the form. If she doesn't have any payslips from her new job then I'd suggest she gets a letter from her new employer stating her salary and that it's a permenant job. She may also want to bring tax returns and the last 3 payslips from her old job as well.