I-131 for K1 AOS

Old Dec 22nd 2018, 3:49 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-131 for K1 AOS

Wanted to ask the hive mind about Part 2. Application Type question on the I-131. I am adjusting status on a K1 Visa so I am guessing the correct box to check would be 1.d. I am applying for an Advance Parole Document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel.

Old Dec 22nd 2018, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-131 for K1 AOS

Thats the box I checked when I did mine!
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 5:17 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
Thats the box I checked when I did mine!
Seemed the logical one, but you know how your mind works when filling out these forms

Part 7. Complete Only If Applying for Advance Parole, it asks about how many trips you intend to make, well, at this moment in time I haven't got any trips out of the country planned, but we do have an internal flight booked in February to visit family, I'm guessing this form I-131 is for leaving the country and returning more so than internal travelling in the US?

Old Dec 22nd 2018, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trilo
Seemed the logical one, but you know how your mind works when filling out these forms

Part 7. Complete Only If Applying for Advance Parole, it asks about how many trips you intend to make, well, at this moment in time I haven't got any trips out of the country planned, but we do have an internal flight booked in February to visit family, I'm guessing this form I-131 is for leaving the country and returning more so than internal travelling in the US?

Yep! Just for international flights anywhere. Internal flights anywhere in the US are fine. You don’t have to put any dates about when you plan on leaving the country, I didn’t.
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 5:41 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Not sure what it is asking regards writing on a separate sheet of paper explaining how you qualify for Advance Parole Document? I suppose writing something like if a family member was ill and I needed to go back to see them perhaps?

So is ticking one of the "One Trip box", and, "More than one trip" box needed to continue, even if I do not know if I ever will travel outside the US or not?
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trilo
Not sure what it is asking regards writing on a separate sheet of paper explaining how you qualify for Advance Parole Document? I suppose writing something like if a family member was ill and I needed to go back to see them perhaps?

So is ticking one of the "One Trip box", and, "More than one trip" box needed to continue, even if I do not know if I ever will travel outside the US or not?
i have no idea about that one. I was adjusting status the same way as you and I didn’t have to write a reason for anything!
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 10:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's asking how you qualify for AP. You qualify for AP because you are doing an AOS from K-1 visa.

Check the box for multiple trips, why limit yourself to just 1?

Rene