Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Wikiposts

I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 2:43 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Eagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
Does the new husband know about the scam?
That is certainly a question I would like to have answered as well. I have thought about contacting him several times, but realized if he is in on the scam, best to let sleeping dogs lie. If he is not aware now, I suppose he will be when she leaves him in two years or if something crops up that flags her case from my submissions.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:52 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Eagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to all

Of all the rotten luck in the world!

The 1-130 was received at the VSC on July 7, 2007, I sent the notice of withdrawal on September 7, 2007 and the damn thing was APPROVED yesterday, October 2, 2007.

Here, a case when you want things to slow down, the six month time line for approval was complete in under three months, and I do have a certified mail receipt proving the withdrawal was received by the VSC on September 10, and they somehow missed the bold letters "WITHDRAWAL of 1-130" and reason of marriage immigration fraud.

Such competency from the US government!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eagle Sparrow
The 1-130 was received at the VSC on July 7, 2007, I sent the notice of withdrawal on September 7, 2007 and the damn thing was APPROVED yesterday, October 2, 2007.
You were probably banking on your withdrawal notice getting to the same person who adjudicated the I-130. In a huge government office, that's unlikely. Alternately, they may have received your notice and decided it was nothing more than the ramblings of a PO'd spouse.

Such competency from the US government!
You submitted an application for processing - and paid for the privilege. It got processed. That the results were not what you were expecting is... well, irrelevant.

Ian
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:58 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You were probably banking on your withdrawal notice getting to the same person who adjudicated the I-130. In a huge government office, that's unlikely. Alternately, they may have received your notice and decided it was nothing more than the ramblings of a PO'd spouse.

You submitted an application for processing - and paid for the privilege. It got processed. That the results were not what you were expecting is... well, irrelevant.

Ian
I did what I was instructed to do.

Well, not quite irrelevent... he still can not do much with the I-130 alone with no sponsor, and since my withdrawal is well documented, I doubt it will be considered the ramblings of a PO'd spouse.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:06 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Just for the record:

I received notice from the NVC today, stating my petition has been withdrawn as requested and it is being returned to the VSC.

Amen.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Hope this helps you put closure....