Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Wikiposts

I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Originally Posted by Eagle Sparrow
I am intentionally leaving out personal details...
That's your choice. Had you stated in your first post that you were "intentionally leaving out personal details", you probably would have received different responses... certainly, responses more in line with what you were expecting. At any rate, if as you say, "my husband and his ex-wife had planned all this for perhaps as long as three years" then it's obvious that you really do *not* know him as well as you suggest.

My fear stems from a very real source of possible physical harm once he becomes aware that I withdrew the petition.
Did you know, in the "three years prior to getting married and lived together for nearly a year" that he had these violent tendencies? When you ask for information without details, you invite people to create the details to fill in the missing information. It's one of the joys of posting in a public newsgroup.

Ian
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping it simple:
What are the consequences for the beneficiary if an I-130 is withdrawn due to marriage immigration fraud? The beneficiary is waiting in his home country.

ES

I don't know that the US Consulate will contact him. If it has already been approved stateside the next step is for the NVC to contact you for the affidavit of support. If at that point you stopped the processing, they would most likely not contact the US Consulate. So your husband will only find out about it from you. If he contacts the US Consulate, they won't have a file on him so they will know nothing.

However, if you stopped it after it reached the US Consulate and you have completed the affidavit of support and it has been accepted, then he will be told this by the US Consulate.

For your safety, I would definitely contact a divorice attorney immediately. You will not need to ever speak to your husband again, if you so choose not to. All paperwork will be handled by the attorney and his office. I would also recommend that you contact ICE with this information about immigration fraud and perhaps, if lucky, his name will be placed on a watch list so that if he attempts to enter the US, he will be tagged.

Wishing you well.

Rete
Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

We were married and his overstay was only 30 days. We were waiting for my W-2 to file with USCIS before he had to return to his country because his aunt suffered a massive stroke and there was no one except his 82 year old mother at hand. I don't expect anyone to understand the details, but this is exactly what occurred.

His daughters are married professionals in their 30's. One only recently filed for AOS after a June wedding, and the other is working on her doctorate and was just issued a five year visa this week from her home country. Her husband, another professional, is currently out-of-status for over a year.

My fear stems from a very real source of possible physical harm once he becomes aware that I withdrew the petition. If he can find another way into the country, no matter how many months or years that may be, I need to be aware of that possibility. There is a wise old saying, "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."

An overstay voids his B Visa.

It is very unlikely that a B Visa would be issued to someone with a spouse illegally present in the US. Plus of course all the professions I know, except the oldest, require legal presence to work in the US.

His Daughter can file for him once she has Citizenship, say about 5 years in total.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:52 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Eagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rete
ES

I don't know that the US Consulate will contact him. If it has already been approved stateside the next step is for the NVC to contact you for the affidavit of support. If at that point you stopped the processing, they would most likely not contact the US Consulate. So your husband will only find out about it from you. If he contacts the US Consulate, they won't have a file on him so they will know nothing.

However, if you stopped it after it reached the US Consulate and you have completed the affidavit of support and it has been accepted, then he will be told this by the US Consulate.

For your safety, I would definitely contact a divorce attorney immediately. You will not need to ever speak to your husband again, if you so choose not to. All paperwork will be handled by the attorney and his office. I would also recommend that you contact ICE with this information about immigration fraud and perhaps, if lucky, his name will be placed on a watch list so that if he attempts to enter the US, he will be tagged.

Wishing you well.

Rete
Thank you very much, Rete, this is the information I was looking for. The petition has not reached the US Embassy as the I-130 is still pending at the Vermont SC.

I called and sent documents to the US Embassy as well, and have called ICE with all relevant information, but as you state, it's a matter of luck if he winds up on an ICE watch list. An attorney suggested physically taking the package of documents against him and hand-delivering them to the local ICE unit. The chances of actually speaking to an agent are relatively slim, but she said it may be worth the extra effort.

His ex also remarried a US citizen last year, they had their interview, she, her fingerprinting, etc... in Dallas in late January of this year, but still no word from USCIS. I contacted the local ICE unit in Dallas, and explained the situation, so let's see if that has any effect.

There is a possibility the marriage can be annuled and I am working on that as well. The sooner I end all this the better.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:57 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Eagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boiler
An overstay voids his B Visa.

It is very unlikely that a B Visa would be issued to someone with a spouse illegally present in the US. Plus of course all the professions I know, except the oldest, require legal presence to work in the US.

His Daughter can file for him once she has Citizenship, say about 5 years in total.
The eldest daughter is a scientist working on her PhD and does not have a B visa, but whatever it is that graduate students obtain. I was rather surprised she was granted the visa as well because of her husband's status, but perhaps she neglected to tell the examiner she is married...
Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

The eldest daughter is a scientist working on her PhD and does not have a B visa, but whatever it is that graduate students obtain. I was rather surprised she was granted the visa as well because of her husband's status, but perhaps she neglected to tell the examiner she is married...
A fraudulent application, must run in the family, mandatory to declare it.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:12 pm
Провалат е недопустим.

A fraudulent application, must run in the family, mandatory to declare it.
Interesting, to say the least... What you are saying is that since her husband is out-of-status, she should have been denied a visa? Does this hold true for students who file under SEVIS?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Interesting, to say the least... What you are saying is that since her husband is out-of-status, she should have been denied a visa? Does this hold true for students who file under SEVIS?
One does not follow the other, but for a non immigrant visa having a spouse in the US is a pretty solid declinature.

For obvious reasons.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

An attorney suggested physically taking the package of documents against him and hand-delivering them to the local ICE unit. The chances of actually speaking to an agent are relatively slim, but she said it may be worth the extra effort.
Based on all of the unusual circumstances and things you've learned during this ordeal, this seems like a really sensible idea to me. Document everything that you can, and give as many facts as possible to back up the verbal information you may have received from various sources--you want your information to be as credible as possible.
What's done with it is then out of your hands, but you will know that you've done what you can.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:42 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much, Rete, this is the information I was looking for. The petition has not reached the US Embassy as the I-130 is still pending at the Vermont SC.

I called and sent documents to the US Embassy as well, and have called ICE with all relevant information, but as you state, it's a matter of luck if he winds up on an ICE watch list. An attorney suggested physically taking the package of documents against him and hand-delivering them to the local ICE unit. The chances of actually speaking to an agent are relatively slim, but she said it may be worth the extra effort.

His ex also remarried a US citizen last year, they had their interview, she, her fingerprinting, etc... in Dallas in late January of this year, but still no word from USCIS. I contacted the local ICE unit in Dallas, and explained the situation, so let's see if that has any effect.

There is a possibility the marriage can be annuled and I am working on that as well. The sooner I end all this the better.
Sorry to hear about your situation. It could happen to anyone. Some people are very good at deception....and when you're in love it's even more difficult to detect. Best wishes to you....hope it's over soon.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

jmdebates is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
Sorry to hear about your situation. It could happen to anyone. Some people are very good at deception....and when you're in love it's even more difficult to detect. Best wishes to you....hope it's over soon.
If there was marriage fraud, he is forever barred from obtaining an immigrant visa. Once the petition is revoked for this reason, his name will be entered into a database that should prevent him from obtaining any visa or entry in the future. If the daughter is here on a student or exchange visa,it will take many years (10?) to obtain US citizenship. Nothing happens fast.
jd
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:07 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Originally Posted by jmdebates
If there was marriage fraud, he is forever barred from obtaining an immigrant visa. Once the petition is revoked for this reason, his name will be entered into a database that should prevent him from obtaining any visa or entry in the future. If the daughter is here on a student or exchange visa,it will take many years (10?) to obtain US citizenship. Nothing happens fast.
jd
Thank you, JM. I would suspect that if his country is added to the VWP in the future, the bar would extend to his entrance through the program as well.

To clarify, both daughters are married, one on a student visa which was renewed for five years last week, and the other daughter recently married to a US citizen and they had their interview last week.

Natural curiosity begs to wonder about the status of his ex-wife who had her interview in Dallas, January 2007. She was certain she would have her GC by now, but she has yet to receive even her work permit. Is it possible her case was "flagged" so-to-speak, because of my situation with my husband? I did contact ICE, but I somehow doubt they take much into account for small fries.

Thank you to all who responded above. I appreciate the good wishes and advice.

Regards.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Thank you, JM. I would suspect that if his country is added to the VWP in the future, the bar would extend to his entrance through the program as well.

To clarify, both daughters are married, one on a student visa which was renewed for five years last week, and the other daughter recently married to a US citizen and they had their interview last week.

Natural curiosity begs to wonder about the status of his ex-wife who had her interview in Dallas, January 2007. She was certain she would have her GC by now, but she has yet to receive even her work permit. Is it possible her case was "flagged" so-to-speak, because of my situation with my husband? I did contact ICE, but I somehow doubt they take much into account for small fries.

Thank you to all who responded above. I appreciate the good wishes and advice.

Regards.
On what basis was she seeking to adjust?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:41 am
Провалат е недопустим.

On what basis was she seeking to adjust?
I don't know all the details, except her marriage to a USC a month after her divorce to someone she found on E-Harmony. She has been in the US for six years continuously, and I imagine most of that time undocumented as she still does not have a SSN.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 2:04 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know all the details, except her marriage to a USC a month after her divorce to someone she found on E-Harmony. She has been in the US for six years continuously, and I imagine most of that time undocumented as she still does not have a SSN.
Does the new husband know about the scam?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.