Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Wikiposts

I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:25 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Eagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to all
Unhappy I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

Keeping it simple:
What are the consequences for the beneficiary if an I-130 is withdrawn due to marriage immigration fraud? The beneficiary is waiting in his home country.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Withdrawal by petitioner.

He does not immigrate to the US.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eagle Sparrow
Keeping it simple:
What are the consequences for the beneficiary if an I-130 is withdrawn due to marriage immigration fraud? The beneficiary is waiting in his home country.
The consequences are that he would no longer have a petition in the system, and therefore no means to immigrate to the USA.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:47 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Eagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to allEagle Sparrow is a name known to all

No sense beginning a new thread as the topic is the same...

I withdrew my husband's pending I-130 based on immigration marriage fraud and sent back-up documentation to assert my case against him. It turned out that my husband and his ex-wife had planned all this for perhaps as long as three years and I became privy to the information only in July. It was a long, convoluted scheme that I got caught up in completely unaware.

My main question now is, will the USCIS inform him directly of my withdrawal or is that task left to me as I have no desire to communicate anything to him at this juncture?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:51 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

........My main question now is, will the USCIS inform him directly of my withdrawal or is that task left to me as I have no desire to communicate anything to him at this juncture?
Why do you care.......... it's his problem, and he'll find out somehow

Just get on with your life
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:30 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Originally Posted by Elvira
Why do you care.......... it's his problem, and he'll find out somehow

Just get on with your life
True, but the repercussions from his end will be scathing when he does find out and I would like to be prepared.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:48 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

True, but the repercussions from his end will be scathing when he does find out and I would like to be prepared.
Prepared for what?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
Prepared for what?
He has no way of entering the US legally, whats the problem?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:10 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Originally Posted by Boiler
He has no way of entering the US legally, whats the problem?
Okay, that's what I was not sure of, but with the inevitability of a divorce, he will be able to enter at some point. His country is NOT in the VWP, but he has two daughters here and the ex-wife. None are GC holders as of yet. I am a bit frightened, quite frankly...
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:54 am
Account Closed

Okay, that's what I was not sure of, but with the inevitability of a divorce, he will be able to enter at some point. His country is NOT in the VWP, but he has two daughters here and the ex-wife. None are GC holders as of yet. I am a bit frightened, quite frankly...
He was an overstayer with a now defunct B Visa.

There are always ways he could enter, none easy and none quick, unless he goes to Mexico and walks in.

His daughters can petition for him once they have US Citizenship and reach 21.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

He most probably will move onto a another sucker ...
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bit frightened, quite frankly...
You should be... but probably not of the ex-hubby who, as Ray suggests, will probably move on to someone else. That said, if I were you, I'd get an HIV test... you might have been just the most recent in a string of attempts to get his scheme to work.

Ian
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:04 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You should be... but probably not of the ex-hubby who, as Ray suggests, will probably move on to someone else. That said, if I were you, I'd get an HIV test... you might have been just the most recent in a string of attempts to get his scheme to work.

Ian
I am somewhat surprised and offended by the sarcastic comments in this thread when all I asked is if anyone knew a time frame or if USCIS will notify him directly.

First of all, we are both professionals in our late 50's and neither of us sleep around - it's just not our style. We knew each other for three years prior to getting married and lived together for nearly a year before tying the knot. I am intentionally leaving out personal details because there is no need for a public display of anger or animosity on my part and I certainly had to do a great deal of soul-searching before I filed the withdrawal, which was one of the most difficult things I ever had to do in my life. Regardless of the scam, I have loved my husband very dearly and even though it is obviously over, the love doesn't fade that quickly.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:17 am
Провалат е недопустим.

Originally Posted by Boiler
He was an overstayer with a now defunct B Visa.

There are always ways he could enter, none easy and none quick, unless he goes to Mexico and walks in.

His daughters can petition for him once they have US Citizenship and reach 21.
We were married and his overstay was only 30 days. We were waiting for my W-2 to file with USCIS before he had to return to his country because his aunt suffered a massive stroke and there was no one except his 82 year old mother at hand. I don't expect anyone to understand the details, but this is exactly what occurred.

His daughters are married professionals in their 30's. One only recently filed for AOS after a June wedding, and the other is working on her doctorate and was just issued a five year visa this week from her home country. Her husband, another professional, is currently out-of-status for over a year.

My fear stems from a very real source of possible physical harm once he becomes aware that I withdrew the petition. If he can find another way into the country, no matter how many months or years that may be, I need to be aware of that possibility. There is a wise old saying, "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't think he needs to come over to the US for the divorce, you'll need his signature but you could do that via mail surely? He shouldn't have to appear in person.

Do you have reason to fear for your physical safety? Has he ever been violent? If so, can you go to the police and get a restraining order so he cannot come within x feet of you?

Now that you have made the choice to withdraw the petition and done so, you just have to make sure you're safe. I don't think you'd be notified if he made it to the US, so perhaps you can move, or make yourself generally difficult to find, deal with him via a post office box rather than your new home address, notify the police that you feel you will be in danger from him. etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.