I-130 timeline

Old Apr 9th 2018, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

bg1109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 timeline

Hi, all!
I've posted on here a few times before. My husband is a British citizen, and me an American living in the states. We began our CR1 visa process in October, and next week will mark 6 months since our I-130 was received. I know this wait is the longest. But with it being so far in now, we've really been struggling not to check our case status online 5 times a day
My question is- when you all reached the second round of this process, how long did it take after you filed? Also, did you get a letter in the mail first, or did it show up online/in your email before arriving in the mail? We're getting ansy- but at the same time, we know that we still could have several weeks to go before hearing about the next phase.

Thanks!

Edit*: Our case was transferred to the Potomic Service Center upon receipt in October, I should mention.

Last edited by bg1109; Apr 9th 2018 at 7:10 pm. Reason: additional clarificaton
Old Apr 9th 2018, 7:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline

To be honest, other people's timelines aren't really going to help you now, because USCIS processing has slowed waaay down recently.

You will probably see a case status update online or via email, before you would get the notification via regular mail. This is for the I-130 approval.

After that, the case moves to NVC and they will contact you with further instructions, I believe by email.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2018, 7:40 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

It is difficult to predict how long each petition is going to take to be approved, as there seems to be no logic to the process.

We received a letter from USCIS to say that our case was approved, we didn't receive an email or text.

Anecdotal evidence from other sites shows that petitions from September 2017 sent to Potomac are being approved at the moment.

Good luck!
Old Apr 9th 2018, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, both of you! Fingers crossed that it doesn't slow down any more. Just didn't know if I should be rushing home to check my mailbox each evening, or if I would've gotten the text/email first
Old Apr 9th 2018, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

We filled out the paperwork for electronic communication, but the only communication we got when I-130 was approved was via snail mail! Anything between 6-9 months is the latest trend to NOA2, but as already stated these are very rough guidelines.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

We did the form for the electronic communications, too- that's what I was wondering, whether the advancement to the next stage would come via snail mail. Good to know- thanks! That justifies me being excited to check my mailbox every day
Old Apr 12th 2018, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point

It took 9 months from submitting my form to hearing from them. They received my form 1st may 2017, we heard from them in February.
My case was transferred to NVC and since then it's been pretty quick, case now complete and awaiting my interview date.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the insight! 9 months feels like an eternity! What service center did your case get transferred to? Also, when you did finally hear back in February, do you remember if it was initially through the post, or online?

Wishing you lots of good luck for your interview
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bg1109
Thanks for the insight! 9 months feels like an eternity! What service center did your case get transferred to? Also, when you did finally hear back in February, do you remember if it was initially through the post, or online?

Wishing you lots of good luck for your interview
We heard via letter. Once it goes to the NVC it's always email.
We were transferred from the Chicago lock box to the Nebraska service centre. You can check their processing times online and it was pretty accurate.

Now I'm getting fidgety waiting for my interview notification! Just want it to happen!
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
We heard via email, and then letter. As long as they have your email address you'll hear via email first.
We were transferred from the Chicago lock box to the Nebraska service centre. You can check their processing times online and it was pretty accurate.

Now I'm getting fidgety waiting for my interview notification! Just want it to happen!
Good to know! We're in that stage now, 6 months in, where we're checking everything a bit too incessantly- mailbox, everything. They sent us to the Potomic Processing Center.

I bet! Looking forward to hearing how everything goes, since we're just a few months behind you guys
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bg1109
Good to know! We're in that stage now, 6 months in, where we're checking everything a bit too incessantly- mailbox, everything. They sent us to the Potomic Processing Center.

I bet! Looking forward to hearing how everything goes, since we're just a few months behind you guys
I've changed my reply, we heard via letter!
Everything from the NVC has been via email..
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again! Good to know.