Wikiposts

I-130 timeline

Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:55 am
Just Joined

MollyandWally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 timeline

Hello - I would first of all like to thank all of you for providing such invaluable information. The information provided by members of this community have been very informative and in most cases very straightforward.

My husband (a UK citizen) and I (USc) first met 31 years ago when teenagers living on a kibbutz in Israel. We stayed in each others lives for 4 years, visiting each other in the UK and the US. Unfortunately we were too young (and probably a bit foolish) to realize what we had and faded apart. Fast forward 26 years and thanks to Facebook - we re-connected. We both thought we would catch up on the past 26 years via e-mails & phone calls and then exchange xmas cards. But within a few weeks our relationship went in an entirely different direction then planned and we fell madly in love - AGAIN. We married in the US on May 5, 2011 and sent in the I-130 application in June.
Can anyone who has recently sent in an I-130, (from January to June) let me know how long it took to firstly, receive a response and then for completion of the process? We did receive the receipt and our paperwork was sent to the California service center.
Would calling the service center be appropriate? We are hoping that we can live together in the US by March. Do you think this is possible?

After wasting so much time apart, we would like to begin our lives together as soon as possible.

I have read other wait times for the I-130 process on this site, but they are from 2008. Anything more recent?

Thank you!
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:27 am
Just Joined

blackg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 timeline

Welcome to the forum,

I am abit behind you, we got married in May this year and filed our I-130 towards the end of june and the application was received first week of july "CSC" so far our online status only shows initial review. According to CSC it should takes about 5 months to get a decision, some people are lucky and get a decision within 4 months. In about 3 weeks time it will be 5 months since we received the NOA1.

I hope you will be getting an answer pretty soon, I will be going to the US in December to spend xmas and new year with my wife. I have my police certificate sorted already.

Best of luck
Old Nov 13th 2011, 11:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MollyandWally
Can anyone who has recently sent in an I-130, (from January to June) let me know how long it took to firstly, receive a response and then for completion of the process?
Best not to dwell on each individual part of the process... and someone else's timeline will bear no resemblance to your timeline. Overall, it'll take 8-10 months start to finish. Focus on the goal, not the journey.

Ian
Old Nov 13th 2011, 2:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

visa journey.com has a good database of timelines.

But, as Ian wrote, your timeline will be yours alone as is everyone else's.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by MollyandWally
I have read other wait times for the I-130 process on this site, but they are from 2008. Anything more recent?