Wikiposts

I-130 spouse process

Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

xtremeflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 spouse process

I have a question about the I-130 process for my spouse. I am trying to get her greencard and awaiting the processing date for her application. UCSIS got our application Oct 18 and at the moment the processing month for california is on July. So 4 more months until they review her application. My question is how long after they review her application will she get her greencard visa? I know that there are others processes that must be completed such as interview, medical checkup, etc. Will it take an extrodinary amount of time once they review the application? What other concerns should i have about this? She is an aussie girl and want to bring her to my neck of the woods. Any replies will be appreciated. thanks
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:04 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 spouse process

Originally Posted by xtremeflyer
I have a question about the I-130 process for my spouse. I am trying to get her greencard and awaiting the processing date for her application. UCSIS got our application Oct 18 and at the moment the processing month for california is on July. So 4 more months until they review her application. My question is how long after they review her application will she get her greencard visa? I know that there are others processes that must be completed such as interview, medical checkup, etc. Will it take an extrodinary amount of time once they review the application? What other concerns should i have about this? She is an aussie girl and want to bring her to my neck of the woods. Any replies will be appreciated. thanks
Not enough information.

Each application is - correctly - considered on its own merits. If there are complicating factors - criminal record, connections to proscribed organisations, communicable diseases of one sort or another, previous immigration violations, etc., etc. - she may never get a green card, or it may take years. If it's straightforward and there are no bars to her eligibility, it may be only a few months.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Out of curiosity, how do figure out that it is four more months until CSC adjusdicates the I-130? You are able to make that prediction without disclosing the method of doing so and then you ask how long it will take for the case to be handled in Australia? Interesting.

BTW, Australia is one of the "DCF" posts.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Out of curiosity, how do figure out that it is four more months until CSC adjusdicates the I-130? You are able to make that prediction without disclosing the method of doing so and then you ask how long it will take for the case to be handled in Australia? Interesting.

BTW, Australia is one of the "DCF" posts.
well, i can't confirm how long it will actually take but from looking at their website, they just finished june 05 app in dec 05 so i'm guessing they will reach oct 05 in about 4 months. maybe i'm wrong but i'm hoping it will be as soon as possible.

btw, whats DCF?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:44 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

well, i can't confirm how long it will actually take but from looking at their website, they just finished june 05 app in dec 05 so i'm guessing they will reach oct 05 in about 4 months. maybe i'm wrong but i'm hoping it will be as soon as possible.

btw, whats DCF?
Direct Consular Filing. See, e.g., http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.co...countries.html
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:06 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

btw, whats DCF?
You should be looking at DCF. But, the times on the website have been way out. I applied in June and got my interview date a couple of months ago. My interview is next week.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nettlebed

if i already filed my petition in the california service center, i am assuming that i wouldn't be able to take the DCF option.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
You should be looking at DCF. But, the times on the website have been way out. I applied in June and got my interview date a couple of months ago. My interview is next week.
congrats on your interview date! so are you saying the dates on the website are quicker or later than what it says? if you dont mind, waht happens after they look at your appllication? will they send me info on additional applications/documents to send them? how long does that take usually if no known problems arise? also, when do you get the interview date? thanks for any part you can answer.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Hi CB,

I think you and the OP are talking about different interviews. I believe the OP is referring to the embassy interview for the immigrant visa, after filing his I-130 here in the USA. You are talking about your AOS interview after already being here in the USA.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My question is how long after they review her application will she get her greencard visa?
Hi xtreme,

The "greencard visa" you refer to is an Immigrant Visa (IV), the actual visa will be a CR-1 or IR-1 depending on how long you've been married.

This will clear up your question for others reading your post.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

btw, whats DCF?
Hi:

The only thing that I see on the website is that the oldest case "on the shelf" awaiting going "to the floor" for initial processing is, as of Jan 6, 2006 is dated July 5, 2005.

There is NOTHING on there that indicates they have "completed" June 2005 filings. That information is not posted. Also, there is nothing posted about number of cases filed after July 2005, the amount of staffing and their future assignments -- IOW -- you canNOT extrapolate 4 months.

Your petition will be processed when it is processed and it will be completed when its completed.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Hi:

The only thing that I see on the website is that the oldest case "on the shelf" awaiting going "to the floor" for initial processing is, as of Jan 6, 2006 is dated July 5, 2005.

There is NOTHING on there that indicates they have "completed" June 2005 filings. That information is not posted. Also, there is nothing posted about number of cases filed after July 2005, the amount of staffing and their future assignments -- IOW -- you canNOT extrapolate 4 months.

Your petition will be processed when it is processed and it will be completed when its completed.
if thats what those dates mean then, my guess is not even in the ballpark. the dates shown on the website, like you said, doesnt mean that its been approved but just processed. Do you have ANY idea on normal average wait times, so I can have some sort of estimate of the wait. btw, i'm not trying to sound like combative or argumentative, im just new to this and would like to get info. thanks
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:49 am
Account Closed

if thats what those dates mean then, my guess is not even in the ballpark. the dates shown on the website, like you said, doesnt mean that its been approved but just processed. Do you have ANY idea on normal average wait times, so I can have some sort of estimate of the wait. btw, i'm not trying to sound like combative or argumentative, im just new to this and would like to get info. thanks
Hi:

Each case is different and the time frames keep changing. Back in 1978 or 9 -- I did two I-130's by a father for his identical twin daughters in what is now the FB-2B caetgory [no backlog back then]. They were from a country with no "birth certificates" as the US understands that term but you submitted a "Family Register."

In other words, the two applications were INDENTICAL except for first name -- same lawyer, filed concurrently and cross-referenced to each other.

One I-130 was approved in 21 days and daughter immigrated 8 months after filing of I-130.

Second I-130 could not be traced but we finally received a Request For Evidence nine months after filing. Although both I-130's were identical, the RFE was justified. Furthermore, the two I-130's had been separated when a largish number of files were sent out for "remote adjudication" in order to relieve backlogs [which is why the first one went through so quick].

That case was an early lesson in "how long" for immigration processing -- its a quite reasonable question that really can't be answered.

Other lesson from this case -- what happens in ONE case is NOT a lesson what will happen in a second case.

Although the posted information is not really an indication on how long YOUR case will take, it is still useful in that you can tell when your case is notionally "overdue" when they post a date 30 days or more PAST your filing date. [BTW, use the "notice date" and not the "filing date" on the first I-797 you get. Due to a software glitch, the system treats the first "notice date" as the filing date for all processing information.]
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Hi:

Each case is different and the time frames keep changing. Back in 1978 or 9 -- I did two I-130's by a father for his identical twin daughters in what is now the FB-2B caetgory [no backlog back then]. They were from a country with no "birth certificates" as the US understands that term but you submitted a "Family Register."

In other words, the two applications were INDENTICAL except for first name -- same lawyer, filed concurrently and cross-referenced to each other.

One I-130 was approved in 21 days and daughter immigrated 8 months after filing of I-130.

Second I-130 could not be traced but we finally received a Request For Evidence nine months after filing. Although both I-130's were identical, the RFE was justified. Furthermore, the two I-130's had been separated when a largish number of files were sent out for "remote adjudication" in order to relieve backlogs [which is why the first one went through so quick].

That case was an early lesson in "how long" for immigration processing -- its a quite reasonable question that really can't be answered.

Other lesson from this case -- what happens in ONE case is NOT a lesson what will happen in a second case.

Although the posted information is not really an indication on how long YOUR case will take, it is still useful in that you can tell when your case is notionally "overdue" when they post a date 30 days or more PAST your filing date. [BTW, use the "notice date" and not the "filing date" on the first I-797 you get. Due to a software glitch, the system treats the first "notice date" as the filing date for all processing information.]
thanks alot for your reply. looks like i have no indication of a timeframe. as you mentioned earlier about the DCF, will i be able to file another I130 in australia where my spouse lives and see if i can get it through quicker than in the states or is it already too late since i've already filed?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:03 am
Account Closed

thanks alot for your reply. looks like i have no indication of a timeframe. as you mentioned earlier about the DCF, will i be able to file another I130 in australia where my spouse lives and see if i can get it through quicker than in the states or is it already too late since i've already filed?
Hi:

I try to give answers of general application. I'm a lawyer but I'm not YOUR lawyer. Off the top of my head, I don't the answer and have no inclination to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.