Wikiposts

I-130 Sponsership

Old Dec 26th 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Werin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Sponsership

Can anyone tell me how the process works when you finally get to the top of the pile?
Do you receive a letter and if so how much notice are you given before your interview date? Many thanks.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 1:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Sponsership

Originally Posted by Werin
Can anyone tell me how the process works when you finally get to the top of the pile?
Do you receive a letter and if so how much notice are you given before your interview date? Many thanks.
What is the relationship to the person you are filing for

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/New%20Str...uides/A1en.pdf
Old Dec 26th 2009, 2:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you receive a letter and if so how much notice are you given before your interview date?
Generally, when you are within a year of your priority date (PD) becoming current, you will receive a notice to apply for the visa. After you apply for the visa, you will be called for an interview.

Ian
Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Very helpful link. We are some 9 and a half years into the process and according to the visa centre should hear late summer. Our main query is how long, once you get notification to apply for your visa, how long does the process take including interview.
Appreciate the help.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Your first post indicated that you are less than a year away from your interview; what documents have you already submitted?
Have you and your sibling been notified by the National Visa Center that your priority date is close? There is a lot that happens before an interview date is set.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Petition was approved sometime ago, just waiting to hear from the visa centre now. We check from time to time to see where we are on the list.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 5:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Petition was approved sometime ago, just waiting to hear from the visa centre now. We check from time to time to see where we are on the list.
Petition approval has no bearing on the timeline for your case, though. The petition is to establish the relationship, and the date it is filed secures your Priority Date.

When you are estimated (by their supersecret calculations) to be within a year of your PD coming current, the NVC will contact you and your petitioner about starting the visa application. They do this as a courtesy to you, so that the moment your PD is current, you can interview. The "visa application" (document collection etc) can take up to a year.

I suspect it may yet be longer than you think. The posted date in the January bulletin is Oct 99.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Oh I see what you mean, we filed the petition in July 2000, we do talk to the visa centre we give them our reference number, they check and the most recent call we were told we were roughly 8 months away but obviously depends on the months in between. So I guess we are hoping that after nearly 10 years we may hear something. Thanks.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 5:46 am
Just Joined

So where we hoped it would be 2010 it could be another year, I understand what you mean, oh well we have waited this long.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:26 am

There are some sibling sponsorship stories posted on here from the last year.. 2 or 3 at least. It happens, it just takes time.. better to know realistically than to be living with one foot out the door, I guess.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So where we hoped it would be 2010 it could be another year, I understand what you mean, oh well we have waited this long.
Unfortunately, the biggest problem in trying to determine when your PD will become current... is that you have absolutely no idea how many people are still in line ahead of you. There might have been a tremendous surge in applications in February 2000... and they must all clear before your date becomes current. There's simply no way to know. It might be next year... it might be 3 years from now.

Ian
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:02 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

About 3 yeas ago .a brother brought his brother over ...
it was 13 years to the day ..he arrived ...friends of mine
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks everybody, seems such a long wait and prob longer now.We will just enjoy this holiday, stay away for some months and then save hard and try and get back in the late summer.