Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Processing Time at TSC

Wikiposts

I-130 Processing Time at TSC

Old Aug 17th 2002, 3:20 pm
Andrew

Default I-130 Processing Time at TSC

I sent an I-130 application for my wife to the Texas Service Center on June 27th of
this year. I have yet to receive anything from them. According to my bank, the check
I sent with the application was paid on July 5th. Does it usually take this long to
receive the 1st NOA? My wife is currently waiting in Ireland to come over. I plan to
apply for a K-3 Visa for her, but I can't do anything without that 1st NOA. I knew it
would take a while, but not this long. Is this the normal processing time for TSC?
Also, could my wife come over for a visit on her Irish passport or is this against
the rules? I would appreciate if anyone could provide me any info concerning this
matter? Thank you.

Old Aug 17th 2002, 3:36 pm
Sthrnshrte

Default Re: I-130 Processing Time at TSC

>Is this the normal processing time for TSC? Also, could my wife come over for a
    >visit on her Irish passport or is this against the rules?

I received the 1st NOA about a week later after sending off the I-130 to TSC. That
was in the end of March. During our wait for anything more, my husband has come over
to visit me from England once, without hassle from passport control...although I have
a feeling this was just luck. I think if she comes over showing a return plane
ticket and a letter from her employer saying they expect her to return, that she
should be let in the country. I have a feeling that we live in the wrong area (TSC)
for immigrating spouses, shoulda moved near Vermont. <g>

Ash