Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Processing Completed at NVC

I-130 Processing Completed at NVC

Old Oct 25th 2002, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Processing Completed at NVC

Well, after 3 months at the NVC, my I-130 processing is complete, now the app goes to Islamabad. There my wife will fill out DS 230 Part II (as Part I and I-864 review were completed by NVC), have her medical, then the interview.

My wife received her K3 visa on 9/16, but we opted for consular processing instead of AOS since I was going to be unable to go and help her move until Nov/Dec anyway. Now it looks like I can plan my trip around her I-130 interview. It will be nice to have her enter the US as CR-1!

omer

Full NVC timeline below

---------------------

7/15 -- I-130 Approved by CSC
7/22 -- NVC receives case from CSC
8/13 -- I receive I-864 from NVC and copy of agent choice letter
8/18 -- Wife receives ACL from NVC, designates me as agent
8/19 -- NVC St. Louis receives I-864 from me
8/22 -- NVC NH receives ACL from wife
8/23 -- St. Louis cashes I-864 check
8/29 -- I-864 arrives in St. Louis
9/13 -- I receive DS-230 packet
9/16 -- St. Louis receives DS-230 Part I (I already had a DS-230 pre-filled and signed by my wife)
9/26 -- St. Louis cashes DS-230 check
10/7 -- NVC NH receives DS-230, starts review of DS-230 Part Iand I-864, which is supposed to take 6-8 weeks.
10/24 -- NVC Completes review, sends to Islamabad, which is supposed to take 2-4 weeks
Old Oct 26th 2002, 7:27 am
Dhiren Patel

Default Re: I-130 Processing Completed at NVC

How come you have lot of information exchanges and check payments with
NVC, NH and/or ST. Loius ? I am under the impression that all
processing after you have to send I-864 to your spouse is done at the
US Consulate in your spouse's country. I guess it is your spouse who
will carry I-864 during the interview. This process is little
confusing. Can you or anyone please clear this up little bit more.

osaeed wrote in message news:...
    > Well, after 3 months at the NVC, my I-130 processing is complete, now
    > the app goes to Islamabad. There my wife will fill out DS 230 Part II
    > (as Part I and I-864 review were completed by NVC), have her medical,
    > then the interview.
    > My wife received her K3 visa on 9/16, but we opted for consular
    > processing instead of AOS since I was going to be unable to go and
    > help her move until Nov/Dec anyway. Now it looks like I can plan my
    > trip around her I-130 interview. It will be nice to have her enter
    > the US as CR-1!
    > omer
    > Full NVC timeline below
    > ---------------------
    > 7/15 -- I-130 Approved by CSC
    > 7/22 -- NVC receives case from CSC
    > 8/13 -- I receive I-864 from NVC and copy of agent choice letter
    > 8/18 -- Wife receives ACL from NVC, designates me as agent
    > 8/19 -- NVC St. Louis receives I-864 from me
    > 8/22 -- NVC NH receives ACL from wife
    > 8/23 -- St. Louis cashes I-864 check
    > 8/29 -- I-864 arrives in St. Louis
    > 9/13 -- I receive DS-230 packet
    > 9/16 -- St. Louis receives DS-230 Part I (I already had a DS-230
    > pre-filled and signed by my wife)
    > 9/26 -- St. Louis cashes DS-230 check
    > 10/7 -- NVC NH receives DS-230, starts review of DS-230 Part Iand I-864,
    > which is supposed to take 6-8 weeks.
    > 10/24 -- NVC Completes review, sends to Islamabad, which is supposed to
    > take 2-4 weeks

Old Oct 26th 2002, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Depending on the consulate you are dealing with, the NVC will play different roles. Eventually, most immigrant visa processing will be similar to what I describe. My wife will not be carrying an I-864 to her interview as it has already been reviewed by the NVC.

Here are some useful links about NVC.

General NVC information
http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html

Consulates designated for the procedure I went through
http://www.shrmglobal.org/function/immigration/fd040902b.htm

Recent thread on another immigration board about recent changes in NVC procedure for I-140 (process similar to I-130).

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61638

omer
Old Nov 5th 2002, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

A further update

10/29 NVC sends packet to Islamabad
11/01 Islamabad Receives Packet from NVC

NVC had told me it takes 10-15 days for the packet to reach Islamabad. I called the consulate last night to try to open a provisional file, they said they had already received the file but had not yet sent out packet 4. They verified my wife's contact info and asked whether I wanted the packet to be sent by Pakistan Post or via courier COD. I chose the latter, they said they will mail it out tomorrow.

The packet will contain DS-230 Part II, medical exam info, and interview info. As far as I understood, my wife will mail back DS-230 Part II and police certificates. After a review of 10-15 days, they will schedule an interview 30 days out. She will take the medical reports on the date of the interview.

Since I am going to Islamabad over Thanksgiving to pick up my wife (on her K3), I asked if there was any way to speed up the 30 day period. The consular officer told me to come in while I am there and they will see what they can do. Otherwise, we will return to Islamabad over Christmas/New Years for the interview.

omer
Old Nov 6th 2002, 8:41 am
cjrivers_2000

Thanks your updating omer....!!....my last packet was delivered to NVC on Oct 10,and K3 was finally approved on Oct 24.Being afraid CR1 goes very slow I still have a little hope on K3,I remember you once said under such situation if getting a visa on K3 I have to come back consulate to complete I-130 procedure,is that true?

Islamabad is much faster than our side (Guangzhou consulate),good lucy to you.

Ling

Originally posted by osaeed
A further update

10/29 NVC sends packet to Islamabad
11/01 Islamabad Receives Packet from NVC

NVC had told me it takes 10-15 days for the packet to reach Islamabad. I called the consulate last night to try to open a provisional file, they said they had already received the file but had not yet sent out packet 4. They verified my wife's contact info and asked whether I wanted the packet to be sent by Pakistan Post or via courier COD. I chose the latter, they said they will mail it out tomorrow.

The packet will contain DS-230 Part II, medical exam info, and interview info. As far as I understood, my wife will mail back DS-230 Part II and police certificates. After a review of 10-15 days, they will schedule an interview 30 days out. She will take the medical reports on the date of the interview.

Since I am going to Islamabad over Thanksgiving to pick up my wife (on her K3), I asked if there was any way to speed up the 30 day period. The consular officer told me to come in while I am there and they will see what they can do. Otherwise, we will return to Islamabad over Christmas/New Years for the interview.

omer

Old Nov 6th 2002, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Ling,

You don't necessarily need to return to China to complete I-130 processing. As long as you do not return the DS-230 to NVC, you can still file for AOS in the US. Once you return the DS-230 to NVC, you must pursue consular processing in China. You should probably reconfirm this with NVC 603-334-0700.

Good luck

omer
Old Nov 6th 2002, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Dipty Jardosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Osaeed,
I am glad that you are in the last stage of processing also thank you very much for sharing the information with all the rest who wait with bated breath to be with our loved ones.
We have received an approval for I-130 and K3 still pending and have decided to complete the I-130 process.
Old Feb 18th 2003, 2:58 am
Just Joined

Supra05 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by osaeed
Well, after 3 months at the NVC, my I-130 processing is complete, now the app goes to Islamabad. There my wife will fill out DS 230 Part II (as Part I and I-864 review were completed by NVC), have her medical, then the interview.

My wife received her K3 visa on 9/16, but we opted for consular processing instead of AOS since I was going to be unable to go and help her move until Nov/Dec anyway. Now it looks like I can plan my trip around her I-130 interview. It will be nice to have her enter the US as CR-1!

omer

Hi omer,

I have one question for you. After your spouse procured a CR-1, how much time or months does she has to come to usa. I mean how many months like 3 months or 6 months after procuring the visa. thanks in advance.

Khurrum
Old Feb 18th 2003, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Supra05

Hi omer,

I have one question for you. After your spouse procured a CR-1, how much time or months does she has to come to usa. I mean how many months like 3 months or 6 months after procuring the visa. thanks in advance.

Khurrum

Khurrum, I do not recall, it was either 6 months or 1 year. Definitely not 3 months.

omer
Old Feb 19th 2003, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by osaeed
Khurrum, I do not recall, it was either 6 months or 1 year. Definitely not 3 months.

omer
Hi omer,

Thanks for the information. I have sent my affidavit of support documents to nvc this month. And I am waiting for ds-230 form which should be arriving by next week per nvc. How long will this process take until the documents are sent to islamabad. How long nvc will take to process affidavit of support documents. Thanks

Khurrum
Old Feb 19th 2003, 6:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Supra05
Hi omer,

Khurrum
The CR-1 visa must be used within 6 months of issue.
Old Feb 24th 2003, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

8/29 -- I-864 ar9/16 -- St. Louis receives DS-230 Part I (I already had a DS-230 pre-filled and signed by my wife)

Hi omer,

The DS-230 part, who fills it out the petioner or the beneficiory. Can you please give me info on that. Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2003, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Supra05,

The person applying for the visa fills out the DS230. Actually, anyone (attorney, etc) can fill it out, it just has to be signed by the person applying for the visa. That is why I filled it out ahead of time for my wife to make sure all addresses/spellings etc were consistent across all applications.

Good luck.

omer
Old Apr 17th 2003, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Omer,

I have sent my affadavit I-864 papers to nvc for the final review before they are sent to islamabad. I was a college student in 2000 and 2001 fiscal year as thus I was not working; therefore I do not have W2 for the above years. I procured a job in 2002 after graduating from college and for the year 2002 I have submitted my w2 with the I-864 and also wrote a letter stating the reson why I do not have W2 for 2000 and 2001. My question is will the islamabad require a co-sponsor because I dont have the past 2000 and 2001 W2 or will they accept the year 2002 returns since I was a student previously.

Thanks in advance

Khurrum

omer

Full NVC timeline below

---------------------

7/15 -- I-130 Approved by CSC
7/22 -- NVC receives case from CSC
8/13 -- I receive I-864 from NVC and copy of agent choice letter
8/18 -- Wife receives ACL from NVC, designates me as agent
8/19 -- NVC St. Louis receives I-864 from me
8/22 -- NVC NH receives ACL from wife
8/23 -- St. Louis cashes I-864 check
8/29 -- I-864 arrives in St. Louis
9/13 -- I receive DS-230 packet
9/16 -- St. Louis receives DS-230 Part I (I already had a DS-230 pre-filled and signed by my wife)
9/26 -- St. Louis cashes DS-230 check
10/7 -- NVC NH receives DS-230, starts review of DS-230 Part Iand I-864, which is supposed to take 6-8 weeks.
10/24 -- NVC Completes review, sends to Islamabad, which is supposed to take 2-4 weeks [/QUOTE]