Reload this Page >

I-130 Process Time Speed-up

Wikiposts

I-130 Process Time Speed-up

Old Jan 1st 2004, 3:38 am
Malcolm Gault-Williams

Default I-130 Process Time Speed-up

Do any of you know if there is a procedure to request a quicker processing
time for an I-130 application, based on family health issues and support?

Specifically, we have filed an I-130 for my wife's 11 year-old daughter. She
has been staying with her grandparents in Thailand, but their health is
deteriorating dramatically. We filed the I-130 a half a year ago and the
BCIS gave us an estimate of 3 years to process. Our daughter had already
gained approval for entry under my wife's original I-129/K-1 Visa, but we
were unable to bring her to the U.S. in the one year specified.

Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Malcolm Gault-Williams
[email protected]

Old Jan 1st 2004, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Process Time Speed-up

Originally posted by Malcolm Gault-Williams

Specifically, we have filed an I-130 for my wife's 11 year-old daughter. She
has been staying with her grandparents in Thailand, but their health is
deteriorating dramatically. We filed the I-130 a half a year ago and the
BCIS gave us an estimate of 3 years to process. Our daughter had already
gained approval for entry under my wife's original I-129/K-1 Visa, but we
were unable to bring her to the U.S. in the one year specified.

Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Malcolm Gault-Williams
[email protected]
Hi:

Yes, there is a procedure.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 4:50 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Malcolm Gault-Williams
I’ve posted the expedite criteria a number of times in the past. I thought I kept a copy of that on my hard drive for reposting, but I could not find it at first glance. Perhaps if you do a search under “VSC expedite criteria� you will find it.

Well, I’m sitting at my office desk watching the Rose Parade floats pass by my window. The “Little old Lady from Pasadena� float just went by.

My favorite one so far has been the "Cactus Practice" float. And of course, the stealth bomber fly over at the beginning of the parade is pretty neat.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jan 1st 2004 at 5:14 am.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 4:51 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Yes, there is a procedure.
Hi there

I am not the OP but would you explain the procedure??, I am curious!!
Take care
Old Jan 1st 2004, 5:05 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I’ve posted the expedite criteria a number of times in the past. I thought I kept a copy of that on my hard drive for reposting, but I could not find it at first glance. Perhaps if you do a search under “VSC expedite criteria� you will find it.
OK, between floats and marching bands, I did the search myself and found one of my old postings concerning the expedite criteria. Here you go.

-//-

This comes from the VSC, but I think these same criteria hold true for the other centers as well:

1. Humanitarian Situation where compelling humanitarian needs are present as exists when a U.S. citizen or LPR petitions for a relative (where the visa number is available) who is requiring medical treatment or special care, or in cases where the petition is for a minor child who lacks appropriate supervision or security. Medical documentation may be required.
2. Extreme Emergent or Unforseen Circumstances such as when a petitioner, through no fault of his own, is faced with an emergency as occurs with nonimmigrant petitions for members of the arts such as when a musician, singer or other performer approved for a nonimmigrant classification is suddenly stricken with an illness and must be immediately replaced.
3. Severe Financial Loss To Company or Individual such as when failure to adjudicate a petition within a specific time frame would cause severe financial harm or loss to a U.S. entity and no other remedy exists.
4. Service Error such as when the service has made an error in processing a case and that error has delayed the receipt of a lawful benefit.
5. Dept. of Defense or National Interest Situation: The request must come from an official U.S. Govt. entity and state that the delay will be detrimental to our government.
6. Nonprofit status or requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the U.S.
7. Compelling interests of the service.

I pointed these criteria out to a news group member a few weeks ago that had a pregnant fiancée. Don’t recall if it was a complicated pregnancy, but after reading my suggestion as to how these criteria might apply to his situation he asked for the expedite (after being told by others in this group that there is no way they ever expedite a case) and it was granted (the expedite) and immediately approved (the underlying I-129f).

M.U.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 5:16 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to my smilies?, Mathew.. am I the only one seeing links instead of smilies??
Thanks for the info..
Old Jan 1st 2004, 5:26 am
Banned

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
What happened to my smilies?, Mathew.. am I the only one seeing links instead of smilies??
Thanks for the info..
I see links.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 6:38 am

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I see links.
Thanks.. Paul the moderator turned them off..
Old Jan 1st 2004, 7:01 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.. Paul the moderator turned them off..

Looks like their back on.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 7:29 am

Originally posted by Leslie66
Yeah they are
I miss your smilies though
Old Jan 1st 2004, 7:34 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah they are
I miss your smilies though
Here........
Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame!!!!
Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:16 am
WTF?

Originally posted by ray6
What a shame!!!!

Are you a smilie Nazi?
Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:23 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a smilie Nazi?
only when its 5 times or more per posting...
Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:26 am
WTF?

Originally posted by ray6
only when its 5 times or more per posting...

Five smilies per timeline? or Five posts per thread?

How do you arrive at that number? Does size count? What if they are very tiny, timid, inconspicuous smilies? Does movement count? What if they are very still and respectful smilies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.