Wikiposts

I-130 process

Old Feb 14th 2005, 12:18 pm
Nick

Default I-130 process

Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions:

I am US Citizen and filed I-130 in Dec 04 followed by the I-129F for K3 for
my wife. I received a letter from the CSC that the I-130 has been approved!!
    :)

The questions are:
What is the next steps of this process now?
How long is the remaining process for her to come here on the I-130?
Should I withdraw the I-129F petition?

Thanks in advance

-Nick

Old Feb 14th 2005, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Pippin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 process

Originally Posted by Nick
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions:

I am US Citizen and filed I-130 in Dec 04 followed by the I-129F for K3 for
my wife. I received a letter from the CSC that the I-130 has been approved!!

The questions are:
What is the next steps of this process now?
How long is the remaining process for her to come here on the I-130?
Should I withdraw the I-129F petition?

Thanks in advance

-Nick
It's really up to you. K3's (the I129F) are currently taking anywhere from 6-9 months right now to process out of MSC. But that could speed up, or heaven forbid, slow down even more.

The next step for your I130 Petition, gets sent to the NVC in NH and they kick out a DS3032 - Choice of Agent form, you send that back, then NVC sends:

I864 Fee Bill
DS230 Part I Fee Bill

Then once they show that you've sent in the required fees, they send out the DS230 part I and the I864 packages. That entire process can take from 3-6 months. Then once they've reviewed all that crap, it gets sent to the foreign embassy and they sent you a packet with your interview date.

The thing you have to decide is, if you go the K3 route, your spouse will still have to file for EAD when spouse arrives in US. If working is not an issue, then it's not a big deal. However, if the spouse successfully completes the interview at the embassy and is granted the CR1 (I130 petition), then spouse can work immediately upon entering the states.

Pip
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pippin
If working is not an issue, then it's not a big deal. However, if the spouse successfully completes the interview at the embassy and is granted the CR1 (I130 petition), then spouse can work immediately upon entering the states.

Pip
The important issue, IMHO, is not the speed of working but by completing the I-130 at the Consulate you enter as a resident without the need to have to do it all here in the US.

Saves time, money and screwups.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

There is no need for you to withdraw the K3 .. let it run it's course and deal with it if it reaches the consulate before the CR-1 (I-130).

This, at least, is what we've done.

And wasn't that approval a nice surprise? Jill