Wikiposts

I-130 Photos

Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

badlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to all
Default I-130 Photos

For the passport style photos we need to include in our I-130, I have a question. I took my husband's pic a few days before he went back to England and it was against a white door, but there were a couple of lines from the door that showed up. I thought the person at CVS could crop them out before they were printed but it wouldn't let her. So I cut off the edges that weren't completely white and and instead of the photos being 2 in x 2in, they are 1.5 (w) x 2 (h). Do you still think this will be ok? Both of our faces are about the 1 inch from top of hair to the chin. Both of our shoulders are in the photo enough. The photos look fine and clear to me, but I don't know if USCIS will be THAT picky about it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Two more questions: Do I need a copy of all the pages in my husband's (UK) passport? I've copied only the page with his photo and information on, and the adjacent page. Hoping this will be enough?

And, when I put these photos in the bag, do I have to use a separate bag for each or can I stick them both in the same bag? Seems such a waste to use two ziplocs when one holds more than enough. Again, I don't know how strict they are up there, so any help with this one?

Last edited by badlydrawnmegan; Jan 19th 2010 at 5:24 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:37 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Photos

bdm,

For CIS purposes your photos may be acceptable. Then again, maybe not. (For purposes of the visa application they would definitely not be acceptable.)

Are separate baggies required? Baggies are not required at all! It's simply an effective way of packaging the photos for the petition to help the clerk in the sorting room find them and not lose them when tearing your submision apart and re-assembling it into a case file. Do whatever you want with the photos, but keep the principle in mind.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by badlydrawnmegan
For the passport style photos we need to include in our I-130, I have a question. I took my husband's pic a few days before he went back to England and it was against a white door, but there were a couple of lines from the door that showed up. I thought the person at CVS could crop them out before they were printed but it wouldn't let her. So I cut off the edges that weren't completely white and and instead of the photos being 2 in x 2in, they are 1.5 (w) x 2 (h). Do you still think this will be ok? Both of our faces are about the 1 inch from top of hair to the chin. Both of our shoulders are in the photo enough. The photos look fine and clear to me, but I don't know if USCIS will be THAT picky about it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Two more questions: Do I need a copy of all the pages in my husband's (UK) passport? I've copied only the page with his photo and information on, and the adjacent page. Hoping this will be enough?

And, when I put these photos in the bag, do I have to use a separate bag for each or can I stick them both in the same bag? Seems such a waste to use two ziplocs when one holds more than enough. Again, I don't know how strict they are up there, so any help with this one?

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jan 20th 2010 at 2:39 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

badlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to all

Anyone else have an opinion or knowledge on the issues, please? Thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else have an opinion or knowledge on the issues, please?
I'm afraid you likely got the best answer already... no one knows. If someone posts that they had no problem with a 1.5" x 2.0" photo, it still doesn't mean that yours will be accepted by the officer. If they post that they had problems with a photo that size, there's no way to know whether the officer processing your case will even consider it an issue!

Bottom line... you have what you have.

Ian
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Ok, thanks. I spent money at CVS to get these printed out right, but the husband's wouldn't do right. So I finally got a good one back here and printed them out at home on glossy paper and now they are both 2x2 now.

As for my other question, for his documents I just photocopied the identification page of his passport and I have copies of his birth certificate. Think this is adequate for his proof of ID?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

As for my other question, for his documents I just photocopied the identification page of his passport and I have copies of his birth certificate. Think this is adequate for his proof of ID?
It's valid proof of his US citizenship, yes.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
It's valid proof of his US citizenship, yes.
He is UKC, heh. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

He is UKC, heh. Sorry for the confusion.
Then they are extraneous. Or at least one of them is.
One of them would be either way.

Happy mailing!