Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 petition by a green card holder

Wikiposts

I-130 petition by a green card holder

Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 petition by a green card holder

Originally Posted by smalik2

---What are the pros of filing I-130 now, except that she shall be in line for GC, may be in 5 years if my naturalizatuon is denied for some reason. I applied for my nturalization in 2006 but was denied due to not proprely filing I-751 waiver. Now I have filed the N-400 again and looking at 1 year time.

This is interesting information. You were married to a USC and that is how you obtained your PR status? If you had to file the I-751 then you were a CPR which you didn't do properly.

Did you file the I-751 while still married and then divorced before the adjudication of the I-751. Or did you file the I-751 after the divorce but didn't file it as a waiver but as if you were still married?

How did you straighten this?