Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 petition filing in London

Wikiposts

I-130 petition filing in London

Old May 14th 2002, 4:20 am
S.M.

Default I-130 petition filing in London

Hello all, On the US Embassy London web-site it says that 1 passport type photo is
required for all persons, when filing the I-130 with them. However on the actual form
it says a 3/4 frontal picture is needed showing the right side of the face and the
right ear. What have people who have filed petitions in London done for this? Why is
there conflicting instructions?
S.M.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/ins/i130filing.htm

Old May 14th 2002, 8:20 am
Jacqueline_robe

Default Re: I-130 petition filing in London

Well it will be my turn in a short while I hope for my K1,. but Ive already pondered
this question, and figured that it wont hurt to have some of each. That way the
officer can have his choice.

Kindest regards Jacqueline

Old May 14th 2002, 12:20 pm
Rogerpenycate

Default Re: I-130 petition filing in London

Hi, I'm not a lawyer or by any means an expert, I am going through the same process
as you are, in London. The way I understand it (and this is what we did) was passport
photos (from a booth) with a white background (as they have asked) with the head
turned slightly to show the right ear. The reason for this (apparently) is that an
ear is similar to a fingerprnt in so far as that if you just took a photo from the
front and had long hair covering each ear, there would be no form of identification.
I hope that makes senses. Good Luck Roger (+ Ida)

"S.M." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello all, On the US Embassy London web-site it says that 1 passport type photo is
    > required for all persons, when filing the I-130 with them. However on the actual
    > form it says a 3/4 frontal picture is needed showing the right side of the face and
    > the right ear. What have people who have filed petitions in London done for this?
    > Why is there conflicting instructions?
    > S.M.
    >
    > http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/ins/i130filing.htm