I-130 petition approval

Wikiposts

I-130 petition approval

Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: I-130 petition approval

Hi Jeffrey or anyone,

Could you please let me know steps involve starting from filing I-130 till you get approval notice or brown packet (not sure) to travel:

GC holder wife filling for husband, no USC chance for another 5 yrs.

I mean steps like:
1. File I-130
2. NOA1
3. NOA2 (4 year?)
4. what happens next?

Not trying to hijack anyones post but if below questions doesn't come under this thread then please ignore my questions:

1. Instead of waiting for I-130 approval, what are the chances for US work visa while I-130 already pending?

My case:
1. H1 pending 221(g) since Dec-2007
2. E3 denied (aug-2008)
3. B1/B2 denied (Jun-2009)

As seen above my case is fcked up (sorry for language) badly and can't see any light at end of tunnel.

Cheers,
Homer

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
a,

My point is that you seem to need to learn more about the steps in the immigration process.
- You asked if you would be issued your visa when the petition is approved. You won't.
- You asked about adjusting status. You won't.

Regards, JEff
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 petition approval

Originally Posted by homer4all
1. File I-130
2. NOA1
3. NOA2 (4 year?)
4. what happens next?
You will be notified that your PD has become current and you will be invited to apply for the visa.

1. Instead of waiting for I-130 approval, what are the chances for US work visa while I-130 already pending?
I-130 approval, by itself, is meaningless... it only tells you when the wait for the PD to become current starts. In the meantime, if you are eligible for some other visa, you might get it. You'll never know unless you apply.

Ian
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 petition approval

Homer, this is what happens after an approved I-130 gets to the NVC and there is a visa number available: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3190.html