Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Notice says can take 990 days? WHAT!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

I-130 Notice says can take 990 days? WHAT!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Notice says can take 990 days? WHAT!!!!!!!!

If the I-1130 is adjudicated outside of the US it results in the beneficiary receiving residency status when entering the US. You should now that as your husband will have that opportunity if he leaves the US to return to Morocco to adjudicate the I-130 you filed for him.

As for mistakes, I make them and admit to them.

Rete

PS You have to admit your posts more often than not make people run with the ball. Your sense of levity and irreverency when posting on someone thread is like a little red flag that gets Ray6, Hypertweeky, etc. up and running to out do you.

Originally posted by Leslie66
Is the I-130 a visa? Or is it a petition for an alien relative/spouse that upon approval enables the alien relative/spouse to apply for an immigrant VISA?

I didn't say it to start a flame war if that's what you are inferring, so get off my back. I said it because he didn't say anything about a (K) visa. That's the visa I was referring to him not having filed. Sorry I didn't make myself perfectly clear, but neither did the OP.

He only asked about the I-130. This (as you well know) is how PR's get their spouses to the U.S. I was assuming (incorrectly) that he was limited to the I-130. I based this assumption on the information (or lack thereof) that the OP provided. I personally don't think being a PR (as opposed to a citizen) is some sort of crime, so I didn't know anybody was going to freak out.

See, I just admitted I made a mistake. I can admit when I make a mistake, unlike some people on this forum.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:52 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
If the I-1130 is adjudicated outside of the US it results in the beneficiary receiving residency status when entering the US. You should now that as your husband will have that opportunity if he leaves the US to return to Morocco to adjudicate the I-130 you filed for him.
I know that. That doesn't mean it's a visa.

As for mistakes, I make them and admit to them.

Rete

PS You have to admit your posts more often than not make people run with the ball. Your sense of levity and irreverency when posting on someone thread is like a little red flag that gets Ray6, Hypertweeky, etc. up and running to out do you.
This is a red herring.

I was trying to help the OP. I have an I-130 pending at the same service center. Re-read my posts. I said nothing intentionally inflammatory. As far as I can tell, Hyper didn't respond to any of my posts and Ray hasn't even appeared on this thread.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:53 am
boner

This is a red herring.

I was trying to help the OP. I have an I-130 pending at the same service center. Re-read my posts. I said nothing intentionally inflammatory. As far as I can tell, Hyper didn't respond to any of my posts and Ray hasn't even appeared on this thread.

Dont waste your breath on the moderator. She only feels challenged by you. She is an insecure pathetic person.
How come her husband never posts? BECAUSE HE LEFT HER AND SHE IS ALONE, THATS WHY.

Oh and by the way, she has been reading your private email.

Last edited by boner; Apr 5th 2004 at 7:58 am.

Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:00 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rete!!

I haven't even said anything!!
Oh well
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:02 am
boner

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Rete!!

I haven't even said anything!!
Oh well

Rete thinks your an idiot hyper. Thats the truth. You should know. You will chose not to believe it and thats okay. You do what you have to do.

Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

As usual, the same people bite that mother f u c k er's posts time and time again.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:16 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David
AM I GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT 999 DAYS OR LESS
TO EVEN GET THE 1-129 TO FILE?
Less.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:18 am
Corina

Hi there,

> It says this also:
    >
    > NOTICE TYPE: RECEIPT NOTICE
    > AMOUNT RECEIVED $130.00
    >
    > SECTIN: HUSBAND OR WIFE OF U.S. CITIZEN, 201 (B) INA
    >
    > Whats this mean good people i thought the 1-130 can only take 30-90 days
    > they tell me over 3 years? what in the world is wrong? i sent the 1-130
    > form in why are they saying ths case can take 3 years to complete?

Unfortunately I think is true.. Just to give an example, I filed I 130
for my parents 2 years ago at TSC--and it just got approved. I myself
thought the process would be over in 6 months (I mean the entire
process), but I was wrong.

Corina

Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:20 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually you are a little off, Mr. Folinskyinla. The TSC is currently working on US Citizen I-130 for spouses from 4/02/02. That would make the wait 24 months or 720 days.

So the estimate given on David/Joe's NOA is within the projected timeline for the TSC for a USC petitioning for a spouse if the TSC or the powers that determine the timelines decides that the current wait is going to be even longer in the future.

Rete
Hi:

Mea culpa -- Most of my stuff is with CSC and little NSC.

I find the backlogs in the immediate relative category to be quite outrageous when you consider that fact that the classification includes PARENTS and they don't have the "outlet" of the K-3.

In any case, I still can't figure out where he got the three year thing from.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:24 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla

In any case, I still can't figure out where he got the three year thing from.
The First NOA for the I-130 (TSC) does say 999 days. At least mine does.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

The First NOA for the I-130 (TSC) does say 999 days. At least mine does.
Hi:

I know what the NOA's say. And it is a well know fact that that part of the NOA happens to be fiction. The NOA time frame is the same for ALL I-130's and the NOA's, by CIS's own statements, use the same figure no matter what type of I-130 is filed, nor the processing time.

So, I still can't figure out what peice of even remotely reliable information led to the three-year number.

As I mentioned, the CIS does note that petitions filed by non-permanent residents take about 3 years. Don't mention citizen sibling petitions -- they don't get touched for SIX YEARS.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This is a red herring.

And I did not say that they had. My response was not about this particular thread but about threads in general where you will give a one liner or a response that elicits others to join in the fun and games.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:17 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

And I did not say that they had. My response was not about this particular thread but about threads in general where you will give a one liner or a response that elicits others to join in the fun and games.

Hey Rete..

I don't want to sound mean or rude.. but can we just drop it?? Please!!
Thanks for the help with the troll
Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:19 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Rete..

I don't want to sound mean or rude.. but can we just drop it?? Please!!
Thanks for the help with the troll

Would be happy to. You're welcome.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:20 pm

Would be happy to. You're welcome.

Good!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.