Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Notice says can take 990 days? WHAT!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

I-130 Notice says can take 990 days? WHAT!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Notice says can take 990 days? WHAT!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Leslie66
Maybe he already has filed the K3. Why is everybody jumping to conclusions about the OP? He asked a specific question about the I-130 processing times in Texas. I almost fell over when I first saw them too.
I guess I just jumped to that conclusion because I inferred he was upset because his wife couldn't join him for quite a while. If he knew/knows about the K3, then I wouldn't think he'd be upset since it takes about 3-6 months for that to approved and that that is probably what he was referring to with his 30-90 day comment.

I wasn't trying to jump on him, but I admit I was a a wee bit sarcastic. It is a Monday after all.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:02 am
David

THATS WHAT I FILED FOR THE I130 THEN TO FILE THE I129. I AM FILING FOR
MY K-3 BUT YOU HAVE TO FILE THE DAMN I130 FIRST PEOPLE. THEY STATE 999
DAYS TO COMPLETE THE 1-130 AM I GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT 999 DAYS OR LESS
TO EVEN GET THE 1-129 TO FILE? I FILED FOR THE K-3 I SENT THE I-130 BUT
HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE I GET MY FIRST NOTICE OF ACTION BEFORE FILING THE
I129

Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:05 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Joe Peterson
Hey good people i filed for my wife who lives in canada at this time. I
SNIP

Hey there!

Sounds about right, I know that is a long time but I-130's take forever to process unless you file at Vermont..
I submitted my I-130 on September 22, 2003 and it says it is taking 580 and 610 days for us to process this kind of case.
Why don't you guys take the K3 route?
Have a nice day!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:07 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I almost fell over when I first saw them too.
Same thing with Nebraski :scared:
Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:07 am

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
It is a Monday after all.

Sunny Monday!!! Yay!!!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:15 am
David

OK this paper i just received is this the first NOTICE OF ACTION? I can
nowby receiving this letter fil the I-129 NOW? Thaks

Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David
This is what you need to file now........

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-129f.htm

Read the instuctions. Everything you need to know is there.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I AM A DAMN UNITED STATES CITIZEN BORN AND RAISED IN KENTUCKY.... WHAT
THE HELL YOU SAYING IM NOT A CITIZEN?
Hi:

Be nice.

Are "David" and "Joe Peterson" the same person? Are you the Original Poster?

As I mentioned above, the OP mentioned that he thought his case would take three years to process. He didn't give any indication as to why he thought that.

As I also mentioned, I-130's filed by NON-citizens do take three years. However, the reciept shows that it was filed by a citizen. Hence some confusion on my part.

Since YOU are a United States Citizen, you also have the K-3 option available to bring your beloved here sooner.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jerry-44
Hi Rete,
I did not ask him applying for Fiancee Visa , I asked what visa he applied for? he did not say anything elese which route he took or will takes? I am not expert in this matter but try share my own experience,other words try to be helpful as much as I can.
Iam glad we having You on this NG. All help are very important.

Jerry-44

You asked him if he applied for a K-3 or a K-1 and he clearly states in the start of his post that he has applied for an I-130 for his wife who is Canadian and in Canada.

Therefore asking him about a K-1 is a little silly don't you think?

Rete
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:16 am
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

This is what you need to file now........

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-129f.htm

Read the instuctions. Everything you need to know is there.
My spouse is Canadian. I Filed the I-130 back in September of 2002 and hopefully we are getting to the top of the file. So we just passed the 19 month mark.

The I 129F took 4 months for us to receive the information for his interview. We filed June of 2003. Make sure Packet 3 is complete (has information on BOTH sides. Ours did not and that ate up time). Took a month to hear back on interview date. As long as its not anywhere near, U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks it should be within a month.

I would be getting her Long form Birth Certificate as you will need that for the interview. You may want to wait a few months and get a RCMP Clearance from the main office in Onterio? (www.rcmp.ca) Local Clearance won't work. I wouldn't jump and do that right now as it has a validity period but have it on your list as it takes a month or more unless she has the opportunity to get it over the counter.

Good luck David! It takes time. This process isn't quick and easy and definately isn't painless.

Still waiting on word about our waiver. 6 weeks and counting.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you are a little off, Mr. Folinskyinla. The TSC is currently working on US Citizen I-130 for spouses from 4/02/02. That would make the wait 24 months or 720 days.

So the estimate given on David/Joe's NOA is within the projected timeline for the TSC for a USC petitioning for a spouse if the TSC or the powers that determine the timelines decides that the current wait is going to be even longer in the future.

Rete

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Be nice.

Are "David" and "Joe Peterson" the same person? Are you the Original Poster?

As I mentioned above, the OP mentioned that he thought his case would take three years to process. He didn't give any indication as to why he thought that.

As I also mentioned, I-130's filed by NON-citizens do take three years. However, the reciept shows that it was filed by a citizen. Hence some confusion on my part.

Since YOU are a United States Citizen, you also have the K-3 option available to bring your beloved here sooner.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:23 am
Concierge

Who knows if he even applied for a visa? He may not be a U.S. citizen.

Why would you even make a comment like this? He said he applied for an I-130. So yes, he has applied for a visa.

Was there something in his post that would indicate to you that he wasn't a US Citizen? There wasn't anything that I see.

So my question is why did you post something that others jumped on and started a flame war?

Rete
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:40 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Why would you even make a comment like this? He said he applied for an I-130. So yes, he has applied for a visa.
Is the I-130 a visa? Or is it a petition for an alien relative/spouse that upon approval enables the alien relative/spouse to apply for an immigrant VISA?

Was there something in his post that would indicate to you that he wasn't a US Citizen? There wasn't anything that I see.

So my question is why did you post something that others jumped on and started a flame war?

Rete
I didn't say it to start a flame war if that's what you are inferring, so get off my back. I said it because he didn't say anything about a (K) visa. That's the visa I was referring to him not having filed. Sorry I didn't make myself perfectly clear, but neither did the OP.

He only asked about the I-130. This (as you well know) is how PR's get their spouses to the U.S. I was assuming (incorrectly) that he was limited to the I-130. I based this assumption on the information (or lack thereof) that the OP provided. I personally don't think being a PR (as opposed to a citizen) is some sort of crime, so I didn't know anybody was going to freak out.

See, I just admitted I made a mistake. I can admit when I make a mistake, unlike some people on this forum.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Yes David, that is the first Notice of Action. You can now file the I-129f for the K3 visa.

Where are you from in KY? I'm a native too. Born and raised in Louisville, but now living in an itty bitty town in the middle of nowhere where the only thing to do is hang out at the local super Walmart! Even the friggin coffee shop closed down! bleh! But ah well, enough ranting.

Best wishes,
Jamie
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:10 am

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Yes David, that is the first Notice of Action. You can now file the I-129f for the K3 visa.

Where are you from in KY? I'm a native too. Born and raised in Louisville, but now living in an itty bitty town in the middle of nowhere where the only thing to do is hang out at the local super Walmart! Even the friggin coffee shop closed down! bleh! But ah well, enough ranting.

Best wishes,
Jamie

Jamie!! You crack me up!
Why did they close the coffee shop??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.