Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Missed signature, do we put increased free amount in?

Wikiposts

I-130 Missed signature, do we put increased free amount in?

Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default I-130 Missed signature, do we put increased free amount in?

Ok so.... Hubby sent in our I-130 paperwork at end of October, but he received it back today saying that he forgot a signature somewhere (even after I told him to check it over 5 times, but anyway, accidents happen).

So now what im wondering is... I know there is a fee increase coming about the 23rd November. So would it be wise to just write a new cheque for the increased fee? or chance it and send a cheque for the old fee, because im not sure they will get it in time for the fee change.

Just wanted an opinion
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Missed signature, do we put increased free amount in?

Originally Posted by britishspouse
Ok so.... Hubby sent in our I-130 paperwork at end of October, but he received it back today saying that he forgot a signature somewhere (even after I told him to check it over 5 times, but anyway, accidents happen).

So now what im wondering is... I know there is a fee increase coming about the 23rd November. So would it be wise to just write a new cheque for the increased fee? or chance it and send a cheque for the old fee, because im not sure they will get it in time for the fee change.

Just wanted an opinion
"The final rule will be published in the Federal Register September 24, and the adjusted fees will go into effect on November 23, 2010."

Questions and Answers: Filing Applications and Petitions

Q. When will the adjusted fees take effect?
A. The adjusted fees will take effect on November 23, 2010. Applications or petitions postmarked or filed on or after that date will require the new fees.

Q. How do I know whether to pay the adjusted fee or the old fee?
A. Any application or petition postmarked with a date of November 23, 2010, or later will require the adjusted fee, as established in the final fee rule. Applications and petitions postmarked with a date of November 23, 2010, or later, but that do not contain the adjusted fee, will be rejected as improperly filed.

Q. What if I submitted my application package before November 23, 2010, but it was returned as incomplete?
A. If you submitted an incomplete application or petition package prior to November 23, 2010, you may be subject to the adjusted fee when you re-file. Common filing mistakes include not signing forms and filling out the check improperly. All applicants and petitioners should carefully review their application or petition packages before submitting to ensure that they are complete.

www.uscis.gov
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

OK so as long as it is postmarked before the 23rd, we will pay the current fee?

thanks
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

OK so as long as it is postmarked before the 23rd, we will pay the current fee?

thanks
lol, you really want to make ME say it, don't you?
What I posted is from the USCIS website.

Q. How do I know whether to pay the adjusted fee or the old fee?
A. Any application or petition postmarked with a date of November 23, 2010, or later will require the adjusted fee, as established in the final fee rule.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lol sorry, I am just making sure
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:51 am

Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

we have now been apart since june, which I know is not that long and will be much longer... and all the stress is just getting to me.

Ive read so much information its all clouding up in my head
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear Britishspouse, just wanted to say I understand and hang in there. DH has gone to Denver already and I'm waiting (filing in London) it's tough but will be well worth it. Thinking of you
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Colobound
Oh dear Britishspouse, just wanted to say I understand and hang in there. DH has gone to Denver already and I'm waiting (filing in London) it's tough but will be well worth it. Thinking of you
aww thanks

Yes indeed its very tough! I am visiting over xmas though, so thats something to look forward to in the near future!

Just gotta keep reminding myself this is only one year....we still have the rest of our lives together (well as long as I get approved lol) :P

Hope you get yours soon so you can be with DH soon!!
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:28 am

we have now been apart since june, which I know is not that long and will be much longer... and all the stress is just getting to me.

Ive read so much information its all clouding up in my head
Aww.. what happened between June and October, re the filing I-130?

Just remember, it's like learning a new language.. all that you read will start to make sense eventually.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

There really is no "sure" unless you postmark it by the 22nd at the latest... and if it was me, I'd have it the mail by the 17th. Very often, they don't follow their own rules.

Ian
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Aww.. what happened between June and October, re the filing I-130?

Just remember, it's like learning a new language.. all that you read will start to make sense eventually.
we initially filed for him to come live here, as he really wanted to experience britain, seeing as though I was in america 3 years on a student visa.

However I havent been able to find a job here, so on that ground they denied his UK visa, so we are having to go this route now
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:56 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I can attest to that. Got burned a few years back by the fee increase that went into effect a few days after my wife posted her I-485 application.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There really is no "sure" unless you postmark it by the 22nd at the latest... and if it was me, I'd have it the mail by the 17th. Very often, they don't follow their own rules.

Ian
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
hubby is express mailing it tomorrow

So we can be 'almost' sure we will not have to pay increased fee