Wikiposts

I-130 LDN Number

Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Nick15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 LDN Number

Hi guys,

UKC here married to a USC. Going through the I-130 process.

We had to submit some extra documents for our I-130 to get approved. We hadn't heard anything back so emailed the embassy this morning and got a reply an hour or so later saying the case has been approved .

We were told that as far as the LDN number goes, it's dealt with by the "immigration unit" and will come directly from them.

Do you know if there's a way of contacting them directly? to either ask for the LDN number on email, as I've seen other people receive it this way or ask for an ETA on delivery of that number. Our timings right now are very important as my wife (USC) has a job offer over there and we're trying to work out logistics of flights, etc.

Thanks!

Nick.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 LDN Number

Originally Posted by Nick15
Do you know if there's a way of contacting them directly?
I don't believe there is, other than the general contact page on the Embassy web site.

... to either ask for the LDN number on email...
Umm... it's an LND number... short for London.

Our timings right now are very important as my wife (USC) has a job offer over there and we're trying to work out logistics of flights, etc.
Your USC wife can return to the US any time she wants.

Ian
Old Sep 15th 2015, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't believe there is, other than the general
Umm... it's an LND number... short for London.
Oops!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't believe there is, other than the general
Your USC wife can return to the US any time she wants.
Yes but I'd like to go out with her to visit on an ESTA and help her get set up while I continue to go through the I-130. I'd like to have my medical before that (within next 3 weeks) so that I only need to return once for the Interview if I can help it!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 1:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The only way to contact them is through the "contact us" form in their website, too my knowledge.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2015, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to ask and be a hassle, but would you mind linking me to the exact contact page? there's a few different ones and I just want to make sure I get to the correct person.

Thank you so much

I noticed user ameriedavies on this page said she emailed the DHS for hers?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 1:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to ask and be a hassle, but would you mind linking me to the exact contact page? there's a few different ones and I just want to make sure I get to the correct person.

Thank you so much
Sorry, I'm on my phone and it's difficult to do that. I didn't know they had more than one.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2015, 1:14 am

If your I-130 was filed in the UK (which it sounds like it was), your case doesn't go through NVC, which is normally the point where the LND number gets assigned.

You can try that email, who knows....

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2015, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Ok... thank you guys!

I just need to figure out where exactly I request it from (what email?) and yes filed from the UK.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

In case it's help to anyone else, I think I've found it... U.S. Embassy London Visa Unit - Contact Form | London, UK - Embassy of the United States
Old Sep 15th 2015, 3:03 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

UKC here married to a USC. Going through the I-130 process.

We had to submit some extra documents for our I-130 to get approved. We hadn't heard anything back so emailed the embassy this morning and got a reply an hour or so later saying the case has been approved .

We were told that as far as the LDN number goes, it's dealt with by the "immigration unit" and will come directly from them.

Do you know if there's a way of contacting them directly? to either ask for the LDN number on email, as I've seen other people receive it this way or ask for an ETA on delivery of that number. Our timings right now are very important as my wife (USC) has a job offer over there and we're trying to work out logistics of flights, etc.

Thanks!

Nick.
In my experience, efforts are better spent making arrangements contingent to visa timelines, rather than trying to influence visa timelines to fit set arrangements.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 4:05 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
In my experience, efforts are better spent making arrangements contingent to visa timelines, rather than trying to influence visa timelines to fit set arrangements.