Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Last address where you lived together...

Wikiposts

I-130 Last address where you lived together...

Old Jun 26th 2005, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Jaci is a jewel in the roughJaci is a jewel in the roughJaci is a jewel in the roughJaci is a jewel in the rough
Talking I-130 Last address where you lived together...

Hi all

Ciprian and I rented an apartment for one month together during the month of our wedding (in Romania). The lease was only in his name. We were actually married for only a few days of that time. 30% of that time was spent staying together at his Mom's anyway, so it felt like living together but not at a particular address.

What does "living together" mean in the context of the I-130, and what about people who live together before they are married?

Is it appropriate to include this information and the address on my I-130?

Could it appear less than honest if I do not?

I feel like I'm caught with my hand in the cookie jar! *blush*

Jaci
Old Jun 27th 2005, 5:23 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Last address where you lived together...

Jaci,

I think that you are over-thinking this issue.

My personal opinion, and the way that I filled out my own I-130, is that for a period this brief you were not living in Romania - you were visiting. Other people, concerned that it would not 'look good' to be married to someone and yet not have spent any time living together, will enter the dates of their visit as a period of having lived together.

I think that at the end of the day it makes no difference. But if you do want to claim on your I-130 that your month in Romania was living there, you should be consistent when you fill out your G-325A.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Jaci
Hi all

Ciprian and I rented an apartment for one month together during the month of our wedding (in Romania). The lease was only in his name. We were actually married for only a few days of that time. 30% of that time was spent staying together at his Mom's anyway, so it felt like living together but not at a particular address.

What does "living together" mean in the context of the I-130, and what about people who live together before they are married?

Is it appropriate to include this information and the address on my I-130?

Could it appear less than honest if I do not?

I feel like I'm caught with my hand in the cookie jar! *blush*

Jaci